The Student Room Group

TSR Desi Music Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4340
Can't go wrong with this track at a big desi family party :biggrin:

[video="youtube;hT3w4_ARz6U"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hT3w4_ARz6U[/video]
Reply 4341
Reply 4342
New Zack Knight track :smile:

[video="youtube;K62kDufkkpI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K62kDufkkpI[/video]
Original post by asif007
New Zack Knight track :smile:

[video="youtube;K62kDufkkpI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K62kDufkkpI[/video]

Omggg yess its such a good song. Zack Knight is amazing i swear. <3 :tongue:
Reply 4344
Here's a cool Hindi remix of this big Hip-Hop anthem :biggrin:

[video="youtube;ZGg4Pu_zk6g"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGg4Pu_zk6g[/video]
Reply 4345
Original post by Asiangirl_18
Omggg yess its such a good song. Zack Knight is amazing i swear. <3 :tongue:

LOVE Zack Knight! Just found out that a family friend is in one of his music videos - better re-watch it and see if I can spot her, lol :tongue:
Reply 4346
Heard this great song with a House/Dancehall vibe in the trailer for this fantastic film. Can't wait to see it! :smile:

[video="youtube;QrbIx5qBDJk"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrbIx5qBDJk[/video]
Original post by asif007
LOVE Zack Knight! Just found out that a family friend is in one of his music videos - better re-watch it and see if I can spot her, lol :tongue:

Hahha good luck finding her. Tbh tho i still love Chahat. That was a top track. Might even be better than Love Controller :wink:
Reply 4348
Hahha good luck finding her. Tbh tho i still love Chahat. That was a top track. Might even be better than Love Controller :wink:

My favourites are Enemy and Dum Dee Dum. Bombae is also awesome - I saw Zack Knight debut that song in his duet with Fuse ODG at Asian Network Live earlier this year. Mind-blowing. :smile:
Original post by asif007
My favourites are Enemy and Dum Dee Dum. Bombae is also awesome - I saw Zack Knight debut that song in his duet with Fuse ODG at Asian Network Live earlier this year. Mind-blowing. :smile:

O.M.G yessss theyr all my faves too { with Chahat thrown in too :wink: }

One thing i dnt get tho is like all the asians absolutely live Zack Knight,but at my school they refuse to put his songs on in the common room bekus its embarassing??! Like wth?

And aww wow lucky you. Im so jel rn lol :biggrin:
Reply 4350
O.M.G yessss theyr all my faves too { with Chahat thrown in too :wink: }

One thing i dnt get tho is like all the asians absolutely live Zack Knight,but at my school they refuse to put his songs on in the common room bekus its embarassing??! Like wth?

And aww wow lucky you. Im so jel rn lol :biggrin:

Lots of Asians are really two-faced when it comes to desi culture. They're embarrassed to play desi music in front of other people cos they're afraid of being judged by other people/being called fresh. Who gives AF what other people think - I respect people who are proud of their culture and aren't afraid to enjoy it in front of other people. Put on a big Bhangra anthem anywhere and I will start dancing, regardless of who's watching. Lol :biggrin:

I've seen Zack Knight on stage 3 times - last year at Birmingham Mela (although I didn't really know his music at that time). Then again at Asian Network Live and London Mela this year. The mela in London was **** this year though. Birmingham is always better for both Hindi and Punjabi music, and just generally a better vibe. He performs on the mela circuit quite a lot, and all the events are free - so you should try going next year! :smile:
Original post by asif007
Lots of Asians are really two-faced when it comes to desi culture. They're embarrassed to play desi music in front of other people cos they're afraid of being judged by other people/being called fresh. Who gives AF what other people think - I respect people who are proud of their culture and aren't afraid to enjoy it in front of other people. Put on a big Bhangra anthem anywhere and I will start dancing, regardless of who's watching. Lol :biggrin:

I've seen Zack Knight on stage 3 times - last year at Birmingham Mela (although I didn't really know his music at that time). Then again at Asian Network Live and London Mela this year. The mela in London was **** this year though. Birmingham is always better for both Hindi and Punjabi music, and just generally a better vibe. He performs on the mela circuit quite a lot, and all the events are free - so you should try going next year! :smile:

Theyr mega two faced. I decided to blast some Zack Knight in the common room on full volume on the speakers and at first the Asian guys were okay with it. As soon as the Asian girls walked in and other white people started filling into the common room, they told me to turn it off. When I didn't they literally came and switched off the speakers and even called me a b.i.t.c.h. I was so shocked at how ashamed they are. Surprised they haven't all bleached themselves white yet lol.

And yeh I went to the Mela in Bham last year. It was awesome and I loved the whole vibe. I would go to his concerts', same with Imran Khans and Zayn Maliks but my parents are kinda strict on that so I'm not allowed to but the mela are a good excuse to see him live lol 😂😂
Reply 4352
Theyr mega two faced. I decided to blast some Zack Knight in the common room on full volume on the speakers and at first the Asian guys were okay with it. As soon as the Asian girls walked in and other white people started filling into the common room, they told me to turn it off. When I didn't they literally came and switched off the speakers and even called me a b.i.t.c.h. I was so shocked at how ashamed they are. Surprised they haven't all bleached themselves white yet lol.

And yeh I went to the Mela in Bham last year. It was awesome and I loved the whole vibe. I would go to his concerts', same with Imran Khans and Zayn Maliks but my parents are kinda strict on that so I'm not allowed to but the mela are a good excuse to see him live lol 😂😂

Lol, those guys are such coconuts, or as I like to call them - Fasians (Fake Asians). They just make me laugh. There's no use in them being two-faced and pretending to be different people depending on who they're talking to. You should stand up to them next time they try and stop you doing something you enjoy. I'm sure you've got some good comebacks. :tongue:

They try so hard to impress white chicks but I bet those guys have got no chance with a white girl anyway. Even bleaching their skin wouldn't help. :biggrin:

Trust me, melas are a great chance to get around your parents and see some amazing acts live on stage, completely free! Imran Khan is another example - I forget how many times I've seen him perform, lol. Zayn Malik has broken a lot of stereotypes against Asian people so naturally many older generation Asians won't like him, haha. If he goes on tour, stand up to your parents and convince them to let you go. If not, you have legs - you can sneak out. :smile:
Original post by asif007
Lol, those guys are such coconuts, or as I like to call them - Fasians (Fake Asians). They just make me laugh. There's no use in them being two-faced and pretending to be different people depending on who they're talking to. You should stand up to them next time they try and stop you doing something you enjoy. I'm sure you've got some good comebacks. :tongue:

They try so hard to impress white chicks but I bet those guys have got no chance with a white girl anyway. Even bleaching their skin wouldn't help. :biggrin:

Trust me, melas are a great chance to get around your parents and see some amazing acts live on stage, completely free! Imran Khan is another example - I forget how many times I've seen him perform, lol. Zayn Malik has broken a lot of stereotypes against Asian people so naturally many older generation Asians won't like him, haha. If he goes on tour, stand up to your parents and convince them to let you go. If not, you have legs - you can sneak out. :smile:

Haha well the school im at now is a different one as I wanted a fresh start for sixth form so nobody really knows me. One Asian lad has come with me from my old school and kus he knows what I'm like he tried to stop his mate from taking the speakers kus he knew I would get pissed but when his mate did he made sure to clarify that he wasn't involved with his mate 😂😂 he is scared shitless of me lool.

Hahahah veryyy true :biggrin:

Haha I think I will just stick to Mela for the time being. Concerts is too much. Dnt wanna hurt my parents too much by sneaking out and having them worried shitless bout where I am. I'm good in that sense. Plus, a hijabi at a concert? Kinda odd dnt ya think? Lol.
Reply 4354
Haha well the school im at now is a different one as I wanted a fresh start for sixth form so nobody really knows me. One Asian lad has come with me from my old school and kus he knows what I'm like he tried to stop his mate from taking the speakers kus he knew I would get pissed but when his mate did he made sure to clarify that he wasn't involved with his mate 😂😂 he is scared shitless of me lool.

Hahahah veryyy true :biggrin:

Haha I think I will just stick to Mela for the time being. Concerts is too much. Dnt wanna hurt my parents too much by sneaking out and having them worried shitless bout where I am. I'm good in that sense. Plus, a hijabi at a concert? Kinda odd dnt ya think? Lol.

Haha that's good, stand up to people who stop you doing what you like. It's good you have at least one guy on your side. TBH you sound like one of the bros :tongue:

You'd be surprised what you might see hijabi's doing out and about. I kid you not, earlier this year I went on a night out at Shaka Zulu where Imran Khan was performing. As I was leaving at the end of the night, I saw a hijabi talking to her friend who was obviously trying to bring this girl out of her shell by taking her to this place. So I said to this hijabi that I was impressed she went to an event like that without drinking, and respect to her, but she gave me a weird look. And I was like WTF I'm only trying to be nice, why go on a night out if you won't talk to new people? If I saw a hijabi on a night out, it's not a stretch of the imagination to see one at a concert. That's different to a rave which would be more intimate and close-up rather than sitting in a hall watching someone on stage. On the other hand, I know a few girls who pick and choose when to wear their hijab - they would wear it during the day when I saw them around uni, then take it off to go on nights out. Like make up your mind - either wear it or don't! :biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4355
Big new Bhangra track :smile:

[video="youtube;6J9mPIKgZj8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6J9mPIKgZj8[/video]
Reply 4356
Is there a word for someone who's white on the outside but brown inside? Like opposite of coconut?

Nesdi Jones has better Punjabi vocals than most desi's :tongue:

[video="youtube;eGyvaafRlC8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGyvaafRlC8[/video]
Reply 4357
Big Punjabi jam to blast in the car :tongue:

[video="youtube;YDQVcukymO8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDQVcukymO8[/video]
Original post by asif007
Haha that's good, stand up to people who stop you doing what you like. It's good you have at least one guy on your side. TBH you sound like one of the bros :tongue:

You'd be surprised what you might see hijabi's doing out and about. I kid you not, earlier this year I went on a night out at Shaka Zulu where Imran Khan was performing. As I was leaving at the end of the night, I saw a hijabi talking to her friend who was obviously trying to bring this girl out of her shell by taking her to this place. So I said to this hijabi that I was impressed she went to an event like that without drinking, and respect to her, but she gave me a weird look. And I was like WTF I'm only trying to be nice, why go on a night out if you won't talk to new people? If I saw a hijabi on a night out, it's not a stretch of the imagination to see one at a concert. That's different to a rave which would be more intimate and close-up rather than sitting in a hall watching someone on stage. On the other hand, I know a few girls who pick and choose when to wear their hijab - they would wear it during the day when I saw them around uni, then take it off to go on nights out. Like make up your mind - either wear it or don't! :biggrin:

Hahah nice to know i sound like a Bro lmao :biggrin: and tbh that guy is more scared of me that full on friends. We are kinda on a level now tho so it's not too bad haha

And yehh tbh concerts are one thing but I wouldn't go to raves personally. And OMG yeh I get ya. Like choose if ur gonna wear it or not ykno :wink:
:love:

[video="youtube;DS-raAyMxl4"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS-raAyMxl4[/video]

Quick Reply

Latest