The Student Room Group

Subjects

Hello
I'm choosing my A Level Options
So far I want to do Maths and Physics
I'm considering a career in Computer Science/programming and I don't no what other subjects to do. Most of the schools I'm applying for don't do Computer Science.
I've been told I should do sciences for my other two subjects but I'm not very good at science and it doesn't seem like a good option.
I want to keep my subject choices open in case I change my mind. Does anyone have any advice on what subjects to take?
I think what you have now will probably let you do computer science. Maybe further maths but only if you love maths. I dont do it. Just do two more subjects you would enjoy.

I thought princepieman was into investment banking and not programming?
Original post by Coollad1999

He's applied for Computer Science this year.So he knows a lot of stuff about it.
Original post by TheAnonymousLife
Hello
I'm choosing my A Level Options
So far I want to do Maths and Physics
I'm considering a career in Computer Science/programming and I don't no what other subjects to do. Most of the schools I'm applying for don't do Computer Science.
I've been told I should do sciences for my other two subjects but I'm not very good at science and it doesn't seem like a good option.
I want to keep my subject choices open in case I change my mind. Does anyone have any advice on what subjects to take?

Yep, those two are solid! You don't need to do a-level computer science at all actually.

Your last subject can be anything: Chemistry, History, a language, Biology, Art, literally anything.

I'm a techie at heart bro. If I got a job at Google, I would soooo take it over any bank other than Goldman/Morgan Stanley.
Original post by Princepieman
I'm a techie at heart bro. If I got a job at Google, I would soooo take it over any bank other than Goldman/Morgan Stanley.

Cool. But why banking then and not tech?
Cool. But why banking then and not tech?

pmed you
Ok cool. I actually already have a language! I was told by someone that it's best to do biology and chemistry together and that if I'm doing physics then the other sciences wouldn't fit in very well which is why I was slightly unsure. But I'll probably chose another science and something else.
So since the first day of the Easter holidays I've been super organized. I made a timetable every day and I stuck to it. But 4 days in and I'm already unmotivated. I just tend to get bored and less motivated after a few days of the same thing.
I tried switching round the subjects (what ones I do and what time) and I also included little exercise breaks but I'm already noticing my energy and motivation is going down.
Any tips

Quick Reply

Latest