The Student Room Group

Donald Trump wants to ‘close that internet,’ says he will ask Bill Gates for Help

Donald The Tree Trump said he will ask help from Bill to close the internet.

The fact that he thinks that you can just "close" the Internet, or that Bill Gates has the power to do that, or, indeed, that he thinks he would even have the reach to do that is simply demonstrative of a total failure to understand the basics of today's world.

Just when you thought that Donald Trump couldn't get any more ridiculous he comes out with a classic comment -
"We have to see Bill Gates and a lot of different people that really understand what’s happening. We have to talk to them, maybe in certain areas, closing that Internet up in some way."

Yeah, lets 'close that Internet up' because, you know, 'it aint no good'. That's not how you beat an idea or an ideology Trump, you beat it through showing the facts, through debate and through winning the battle of hearts and minds. This man gets scarier with every passing day!

People who think he will make America "Great" again most likely have less than 10 braincells.
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by PrincessZara
Donald The Tree Trump said he will ask help from Bill to close the internet.

The fact that he thinks that you can just "close" the Internet, or that Bill Gates has the power to do that, or, indeed, that he thinks he would even have the reach to do that is simply demonstrative of a total failure to understand the basics of today's world.

Got a link to the story?
I think Donald Trump is a real-world example of a troll.
Donald Trump is just a troll, nothing more :colonhash:
Hilarious, what a tit.
Why are you reporting this? Giving Trump's ridiculous statements more publicity is what is fuelling his campaign.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Good, Internet is a waste of time anyway
23:30.

(edited 8 years ago)
No offense OP but can everyone please stop talking about Trump. He is a puppet (albiet a smart one). The less attention we give him, the more likely he is to ebb away......
Original post by danielnoruwa
Why are you reporting this? Giving Trump's ridiculous statements more publicity is what is fuelling his campaign.

Posted from TSR Mobile

dang like she knows any better. its TSR. Where people talk.
oh noo.. does it...does it mean,.... no..tsr.. NO TSR!! :frown:
Original post by Hello121212
dang like she knows any better. its TSR. Where people talk.

Well we're all just gonna condemn Trump's comments, so why spread them in the first place?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Donald Trump is not unintelligent or uneducated.

Rather, he's trying to get votes from a stratum of people in the US who are unintelligent and uneducated (because in a democracy, their vote counts just as much as anyone else's). So it's his job to say things in such a way that they will relate to him, and express opinions that he thinks they will agree with, thus being swayed towards voting for him.

The average redneck probably does think that Bill Gates has the power to "close the internet". If Donald Trump wants their vote, he's got to try and say things in a way that isn't going to confuse them or contradict their preconceived notions. It's one of the big flaws within a democratic system

I find it interesting that he uses the slogan "Make America Great Again", implying that it isn't already great. This trick is used by politicians in developed countries all over the world to appeal to people who are poor, uneducated, feeling hard done by and generally left behind in the rat race, because they're the ones most likely to think that things aren't going that great right now. But they're also the ones for whom politicians really have to dumb themselves down, the way Donald Trump is doing.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by Ripper Phoenix
oh noo.. does it...does it mean,.... no..tsr.. NO TSR!! :frown:

No Tumblr either. Society will benefit greatly.
but..but what about TSR? :eek4:
the internet is actually useful for PD research tho as it has lots of animations of processes on it :smile:
Original post by Lacesso
No Tumblr either. Society will benefit greatly.

TSR>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Tumblr!!!
Reply 18
Original post by CoolCavy
but..but what about TSR? :eek4:

We'll set up a TELEX feed, maybe a phone-in service. Or fax. Might be a little different to what you're used to, but I'm sure we'll manage. :console:
Original post by Dez
We'll set up a TELEX feed, maybe a phone-in service. Or fax. Might be a little different to what you're used to, but I'm sure we'll manage. :console:

i am kind of being serious, as this is my only means of communication with ppl a similar age i would miss it if it went :redface:
fax sounds good tho although idk what a telelex is :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending