The Student Room Group

Insane Feminist: Taylor Swift is a Nazi

The Guardian reaches new lows with this one, anyone that wants to read this article should report back saying how exactly Taytay is a Nazi

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2015/dec/11/taylor-swift-an-obnoxious-nazi-barbie-writes-camille-paglia

Scroll to see replies

Original post by demx9
The Guardian reaches new lows with this one, anyone that wants to read this article should report back saying how exactly Taytay is a Nazi

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2015/dec/11/taylor-swift-an-obnoxious-nazi-barbie-writes-camille-paglia

The guardian, the Mail of the left.
Reply 2
tumblr, not even once.
Reply 3
Paglia, known for seminal feminist works such as Sexual Personae, criticised the singer for perpetuating elitism and undermining female empowerment by surrounding herself with a group of girls who were simply “performance props”.
:lolwut:

Taylor Swift should sue that crazy bish.
Original post by demx9

Original post by zetamcfc

Can you guys read? This guardian is reporting on an article that Camille Paglia wrote for another publication.
This isn't something that one of their columnists came up with.
Original post by zetamcfc

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/dec/11/camille-paglia-taylor-swift-nazi-barbie

Oh and it's more the telegraph of the liberal left.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by JuliusDS92
Can you guys read? This guardian is reporting on an article that Camille Paglia wrote for another publication.
This isn't something that one of their columnists came up with.

Their other columnist, write the same drivel. I did not specifically write my comment solely on this article.
Original post by Josb
Paglia, known for seminal feminist works such as Sexual Personae, criticised the singer for perpetuating elitism and undermining female empowerment by surrounding herself with a group of girls who were simply “performance props”.
:lolwut:

Taylor Swift should sue that crazy bish.
She's too busy trademarking years and phrases from her music.

Incredible selection bias on your part. A guardian columnist, or comment fi free etc, didn't even write this Taylor swift nazi thing, they are just reporting what someone said. Then one of the columnists actually wrote and article about how stupid that person is. This isn't an example of what you want ti to be. You filter out everything you don't want to see.

When in actual fact the guardian runs conflicting pieces a lot fo the time on a wide range of issues, including feminism. It's generally pro feminism though sure.

Basically stop being a big cry baby.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
Incredible selection bias on your part. You filter out everything you don't want to see.

When in actual fact the guardian runs conflicting pieces a lot fo the time on a wide range of issues, including feminism.

Basically stop being a big cry baby.

You are clearly projecting... I haven't said that I agreed with the initial statement.
I asked what your point was by linking to a conflicting piece from the guardian.
Also I have personally never seen any conflicting pieces on feminism from The Guardian, would love to see some links.
Two words: Old dyke.
(edited 8 years ago)
Headline - Crusty, bitter, old feminist complains about something or other.
I'm here because of SmashConcept
Original post by Greenlaner
Headline - Crusty, bitter, old feminist complains about something or other.

Headline - WoodyMKC wants to cover Taylor Swift in massage oil.
This hasn't been written by the Guardian you silly boy, it's reporting on someone else's writing. The only article in response to it by the Guardian is flaming this insane woman :rolleyes:
When I'm old and ugly I'll be feminist too!

It seems to be the only qualifying criteria. intellect was never one of them
Some people have way too much time on their hands. This Camille lady reminds me of those English teachers who search for hidden meanings in the most basic of ****, like where are her priorities?! As a feminist, there are an infinite number of issues in the world that women face that she could address, and she chooses to talk smack about Swift. Girl...
Original post by BookBird
Some people have way too much time on their hands. This Camille lady reminds me of those English teachers who search for hidden meanings in the most basic of ****, like where are her priorities?! As a feminist, there are an infinite number of issues in the world that women face that she could address, and she chooses to talk smack about Swift. Girl...

Chairperson that's all I can say to that :tongue:
Original post by Heteronormative
When I'm old and ugly I'll be feminist too!

It seems to be the only qualifying criteria. intellect was never one of them

Ya know a great lot of them were attractive and young once and were feminists then too. Although this woman is old and crispy and has lost the plot.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending