The Student Room Group

CASS, KCL and warwick, which one is better?

hi guys,

I am a year 3 student in Economics and finance. Only have few working experience (summer internships in Hong Kong).I have now received Msc finance offers from CASS, KCL (banking and finance) and warwick, and now waiting for LSE. But I don't think i have a chance with LSE. So which one is better among CASS KCL and Warwick?

I have read some information about those 3 uni and that's what i think about :
CASS: really famous in Msc courses but city univeristy is not recognised internationally?
KCL: great reputation, but banking and finance is actually a new course?
Warwick: good networking internationally, but so expensive and is not located in london.

Personally, I would like to stay in london for a better social life and I will probably go back to Hong Kong after finishing the masters program. Which offer should i take?

Thanks you guys !
Reply 1
Original post by staringstar
hi guys,

I am a year 3 student in Economics and finance. Only have few working experience (summer internships in Hong Kong).I have now received Msc finance offers from CASS, KCL (banking and finance) and warwick, and now waiting for LSE. But I don't think i have a chance with LSE. So which one is better among CASS KCL and Warwick?

CASS: really famous in Msc courses but city univeristy is not recognised internationally?
Warwick: good networking internationally, but so expensive and is not located in london.

Personally, I would like to stay in london for a better social life and I will probably go back to Hong Kong after finishing the masters program. Which offer should i take?

Thanks you guys !

Typical TSR question comparing 3 good uk universities for a "best" one. Choose any. Especially as I doubt many people in HK could tell the difference (or be bothered to find out/care)
hi guys,

Thanks you guys !

City isn't that great, I would pick between KCL and Warwick. I am biased in that I go to KCL for my MA now but even if I didn't I would still have picked KCL. Warwick prices are insane?? Is the reputation of Warwick good enough back home to justify the cost idk. Also on my undergrad one of my really good friends was from Hong Kong and he was always telling me how if he went to KCL or UCL he would be set for life back home (I dunno if that's just his view) KCL is great though, Warwick is in the middle of nowhere. London is amazing for extra curricular opportunities, I have noticed a huge difference in the ops between my undergrad uni in the South East and KCL.
I know very little on this. But Warwick seems to be the best ranked for Economics and finance.
KCL also has a great reputation and is in London, but from what I've been hearing that their economics department isn't that great.
So there is a trade off (economics puns) between the quality of course, and the location and costs I guess.
(I don't know anything about the third uni)
Also, stay optimistic for LSE :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
The Cass Msc is well established and known in the banking circles. The King's one is new but apparently run by a new group of economists coming from Queen Mary and will be highly technical which is a good thing. Warwick has a good reputation too so it's a hard choice,
Reply 5
For a academic rigour, Warwick offers more options and advanced courses. It is very established, I concur that the prohibitive tuition is off putting.

Cass MSc Finance is solid and well regarded in the City.

KCL MSc Fin is new, but KCL management courses are rather soft and untested compared to peers.

Good luck on LSE. If you prefer London, Imperial MSc Finance is a good option. Strong parent uni with international recognition, analytical course, London location. But tuition is in the Warwick/LSE bracket.
With business schools i'd say it's:
Said=LSE>IBS>Warwick>Cass

So for your choices i'd say Warwick is best with Cass and KCL being kinda even (KCLs overall reputation in comparission to city kinda compensates for its lack of a b-school).
Reply 7
Thank you guys for replying,
Now I really want to wait for LSE's email, but i have to pay the deposit in the middle of January! So i would first choose between KCL and Warwick as I don't think i will work in London after i finished the masters, which is the biggest advantage of CASS. What do you guys think about KCL's new masters program (Msc in banking and finance)? Can it compete with Warwick's well-established Msc in finance program? Which one can help me more in the banking sector?
Thank you again for giving me so much advice!
Now I really want to wait for LSE's email, but i have to pay the deposit in the middle of January! So i would first choose between KCL and Warwick as I don't think i will work in London after i finished the masters, which is the biggest advantage of CASS. What do you guys think about KCL's new masters program (Msc in banking and finance)? Can it compete with Warwick's well-established Msc in finance program? Which one can help me more in the banking sector?

i'm looking at Warwick and Cass as back ups for my first choice (Warwick aren't much of a back up as i'm sure they're just as likely to reject me). So I can kinda relate with you, i've come to the conclusion that while Warwicks reputation is worth the price tag if you can't get anywhere cheaper but as good/better (like UCL/ICL) whereas CASS is not.
Reply 9

What did you end up choosing?
I was also considering between Cass and KCL. After speaking to several professionals in industry, both in London and overseas (Hong Kong), they said KCL would be a better option. When it comes to banking, reputation is very important and while Cass may be known well in London, it is not as well known overseas like KCL. Course content is not that different and employers aren't going to be looking into the specifics of the curriculum you studied.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending