The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Well, when is the exam?

AQA B exams are on the 4th June. Yes, you'd be in trouble.
Reply 2
Legend Killer
Basically, in biology OCR AS, we've covered module 1 and 3, and still ave transport left. to do. We only just started that today!

Is it possible now to cover everything, and is the module hard?

ANy help would be appreciated. thanx xx
Ah so you're a girl? pleasure to meet you, you have nice eyes. I'm assuming you inherited them of your mum? nice old lady.

Right, the module 3 is obviously hard, because anything related to the heart is .. oh so hard. But not to worry we will get through this phase together. You and I.
Reply 3
Er I think I found transport the hardest simply because it was alot on plants and I hate plants lol! I'd advise you to start covering things yourself because I taught myself the transport section on plants and ended up with a high B.
I cocked up transport last year and have only just started re-learning it for the retake. I think we'll be okay, I mean it seems a lot smaller and simpler than the other two units.
Reply 5
Advice: make sure you revise everything you've already covered while you're covering transport in class, so that you've revised everything else by the time you finish transport. That way, even if you finish transport late, you'll have covered everything and looked again at the stuff you did a long time ago, so the panic should be less.
Reply 6
Transport is pretty easy compared to the other two, its also a hell of alot shorter, its only a page and a bit on the syllabus, leanr the points it tells you to learn in the syllabus (notes/reading or whatever) and just power through some past papers and get used to the layout etc!

i have the same problem, my teacher is pretty pants, we havent even finished the need for transport in multicellular plants, ive already finished it myself though, so im doing past papers and lesson as really poor revision! :biggrin:
Reply 7
Transport is relatively straight forward. It's just a matter of sitting down and learning the stuff. Overall I think it's worth 10% of your total A-level, so through the big picture it's clear to see it's not a big deal.

Start going through the stuff as soon as possible though, make sure you understand it.

Remember, there's only one way to do it. Sit down and learn it. There are a limited number of questions that the OCR examiners can ask you.
Reply 8
transporty stuff = plants = MUNT = busteeeed

get workin' my lad !
Reply 9
transport exam is only three chapters, seems a bitch when youre learning it but it really isn't that much or that bad once you get ur teeth into it. but the exam's like 45 minutes and all the past papers are very similar, questions often come up twice.

do some background reading yourself if school has left it this late, but yes youre gonna be fine.

Latest

Trending

Trending