The Student Room Group

Southampton computer science

Hi, has anyone received an offer from Southampton from computer science yet? Seem to be taking ages!!!
Also applied, no official response yet.

One of the professors fro the computer science department said that they have thousands of applications to get through apparently, so just give it time.
Reply 2
Post A Level Applicant
Sent off UCAS on 14th Oct
Went to the visit day on 26th Nov
Got offer on 4th Dec

Hope that helps
Reply 3
Original post by Skeptyle
Also applied, no official response yet.

One of the professors fro the computer science department said that they have thousands of applications to get through apparently, so just give it time.

Is this year more competitve than previous years? The stats on www,which.co.uk state that 62% of applicants receive an offer (obviously places are oversubscribed, assuming not everyone accepts them as firm , insurance, makes grades, etc.)
Sent off my application on October 1st, received a invitation to a visit day on October the 15th, went to the visit day on November 12th and received an offer November 17th. Took two weeks for the visit day offer considering I was also presumably one of the first to apply, compared to now where there is thousands of applications, just give it time.
Reply 5
Oh my - no, does this mean that I am at a disadvantage in regards to the likelihood of receiving an offer, in comparison to earlier applicants?
Original post by Maths help
Oh my - no, does this mean that I am at a disadvantage in regards to the likelihood of receiving an offer, in comparison to earlier applicants?

Nope, all applications sent off before 15th January 2016 have to be and will be considered equally.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending