The Student Room Group

Accounting and Management more useful than AandF degree? Opinions wanted.

Hi I recently firmed an undergraduate degree from Queen Mary which is Accounting and Management. After much consideration and thought, the degree structure contains a lot of emphasis on the marketing side but there are references to quantitative methods and corporate finance for example. I'm concerned that this degree would not be ideal for a person to enter the world of finance/banking as really there is no guaranteed graduate destinations,because the degree contains a mixture of business elements itself.

My second choice was Accounting and Finance at Middlesex and Im starting to think that this was amore lucrative option rather than Accounting and management as there is a definitive purpose in pursuing the degree with the outcome being ananalyst/accountant in the finance related world. But surely QMUL has a much better reputation and in terms of employability, would overlook an Accounting And Finance degree from lesser renowned universities? (ofc internships and experience play a part but I just seek a general view) Sorry for the fat para but it has troubled me and I would appreciate if you’d share your thoughts, especially if anyone interested infinance/banking/accounting jobs. Due to my uncertainty, Im most likely to do a masters in a finance related degree at a reputable uni to bolster my chances of getting where I want in the banking world
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending