The Student Room Group

Can someone explain UCAS points

So I had my mocks recently and got my results back last week. For English language I got two marks that would be combined. I got an A and an A* and was feeling pretty chipper. Then we had to translate the marks to UCAS thingys and I ended up with a B. I'm so confused to how that worked out and alittle cheesed of tbh :frown:
Reply 1
I believe that's to do with the UMS points you scored, so a low A tends to give you points equivalent to a B in UCAS.

But, if you're looking at A grades don't worry because most the A grade Universities don't ask for UCAS points, they ask for actual grades. (i.e. they'll offer you AAA instead of x amount of UCAS points).
Thx
Original post by AtomicPlaty
So I had my mocks recently and got my results back last week. For English language I got two marks that would be combined. I got an A and an A* and was feeling pretty chipper. Then we had to translate the marks to UCAS thingys and I ended up with a B. I'm so confused to how that worked out and alittle cheesed of tbh :frown:

GCSE don't earn any UCAS points, they only apply to A levels and other level 3 qualifications, so really not sure what you mean.
Are you talking about grade boundaries? The actual marks you get on the paper are converted to a grade and the number of marks required for each grade varies from exam to exam. Grade boundaries will tell you how to convert from raw marks to actual grade for the specific paper you took.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest