The Student Room Group

If you had a choice that'd benefit society ...

If you had the ability to do one thing, what would you choose to do, eliminate the threat of ISIS along with climate change or would you Stop worldwide inequality and Poverty?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Glors
If you had the ability to do one thing, what would you choose to do, eliminate the threat of ISIS along with climate change or would you Stop worldwide inequality and Poverty?

Probably stop the threat of ISIS

I actually think worldwide equality would be an awful thing. Although poverty sucks i don't think everyone should be equal
Universal primary education
Reply 3
If everyone was equally as rich, the world wouldn't function. You can not "eliminate" poverty.
Original post by Glors

The former, obviously. Climate change and the IS are far greater problems than inequality and poverty.
Eliminate ISIS and Climate Change.
Original post by DylanJ42

I actually think worldwide equality would be an awful thing. Although poverty sucks i don't think everyone should be equal

The ghost of Karl Marx is going to attack you in your sleep tonight
nor everyone would be allowed to have children . Or introduce some kind of tests or something because we can have them !
Reply 8
the first one
Isis and global warming deffo. Like what other people saying i you got rid of poverty and inequality whats the point of going uni and getting a decent job when you could do something else and get paid the same as everyone else.
ISIS definitely
Original post by Glors

If it was permanent, getting rid of inequality and poverty, since that would probably solve the threat of ISIS and Climate Change.
Id alter the brain chemicals of everyone so they all felt optimistic and want to help others :smile: then after a while I'd slowly decrease the dosage until it returned to normal and see what happened... xD
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Plagioclase
If it was permanent, getting rid of inequality and poverty, since that would probably solve the threat of ISIS and Climate Change.

I thought there'd be at least one, 'terrorism is caused by poverty' person replying to this thread...
Original post by Hydeman
I thought there'd be at least one, 'terrorism is caused by poverty' person replying to this thread...

So did I, since it's the sensible answer.
Original post by Plagioclase
it's the sensible answer.

Keep telling yourself that. :facepalm:
The second one, I guess? No one can fight climate change and poverty.
Reply 17
Original post by DylanJ42
Probably stop the threat of ISIS

how comes
Reply 18
Original post by BookBird
Universal primary education

how would that benefit society in the short term?
Reply 19
Original post by ubisoft
If everyone was equally as rich, the world wouldn't function. You can not "eliminate" poverty.

sorry i meant stop the exploitation of those in the third world and help their economies develop to its potential

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending