The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Do you think ISIS will attack London seriously?

Poll

Will London see something like the Paris attacks?

and successfully? I think the stabbing at the tube station was only the beginning :frown:

i feel sorry for the genuine refugees but with isis having said themselves they will smuggle terrorists in among the refugees IMO its only a matter of time before london sees something like the paris attacks happen. bombing syria and fuelling resentment while still letting people in isnt going to end well

not to mention extremism is on the rise among many British muslims too (and lots of my family are muslims btw, but have attended anti ISIS marches etc). the Govt does not crack down enough on things like extremist schools like the ones in Birmingham in London.

why would isis even need to send over terrorists from syria when they could just ask the extremist muslims over here (whom they have converted online), who would otherwise fly out to syria, to conduct a terrorist attack?

obviously David Cameron has said several attacks have been stopped already. I predict one will slip through the net :frown:
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

it is far more likely that they will go for softer targets like Cathedrals in places like Oxford. or children's hospitals... that is the kind of people they are.
Reply 2
Original post by the bear
it is far more likely that they will go for softer targets like Cathedrals in places like Oxford. or children's hospitals... that is the kind of people they are.

possibly, london would have more effect tho

plus they usually blow themselves up at the end anyway, cowards
Probably, I alter my travel plans in London and end up spending more money, but I feel I'm not going to take that risk. I'm moving out of London in April, I dislike it that much.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Probably sooner or later yeah but you'd be foolish to think that that's going to change mine or most people's plans.
Original post by anitax
possibly, london would have more effect tho

plus they usually blow themselves up at the end anyway, cowards

attacking a Christmas carol service in a Cathedral would be their style.
Reply 6
Original post by AdorableDrip
Probably, I alter my travel plans in London and end up spending more money, but I feel I'm not going to take that risk. I'm moving out of London in April, I dislike it that much.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why do you dislike it?

@Use Err Name never said it would!
Reply 7
attacking a Christmas carol service in a Cathedral would be their style.

possibly
Saw a Muslim Imam on bbc news saying the governments prevent (Deradicilisation program) causes extremism.

Given the overwhelming list of things that causes muslim terrorism and the sheer numbers of muslims in the UK and London.. its just a matter of when, not if
Original post by Betelgeuse-
Saw a Muslim Imam on bbc news saying the governments prevent (Deradicilisation program) causes extremism.

Given the overwhelming list of things that causes muslim terrorism and the sheer numbers of muslims in the UK and London.. its just a matter of when, not if

Apparently absolutely everything causes Islamic extremism and terrorism except Islam itself. Funny, that.
Original post by Achaea
Apparently absolutely everything causes Islamic extremism and terrorism except Islam itself. Funny, that.

Yep lol Amazing state of affairs we find ourselves in
Lets be honest, if these animals could kill 100,000 Londoners in one go the would without a conscience.
yeah

You listen to be right now Mr. Bear

The nice real England parts of Britain are perfectly safe, it's the vibrant cosmopolitanism concrete jungle areas which are gonna be ****ed.
Original post by TheRadUser
You listen to be right now Mr. Bear

The nice real England parts of Britain are perfectly safe, it's the vibrant cosmopolitanism concrete jungle areas which are gonna be ****ed.

dibble the forces of law and order have got London sewn up. it is the nice Midsummer Murder villages which are much more tempting for Abdul McPipebomb.
dibble the forces of law and order have got London sewn up. it is the nice Midsummer Murder villages which are much more tempting for Abdul McPipebomb.

I hope ISIS understand that us countryfolk are far more likely to own firearms than our urban counterparts, and we would have no qualms with shooting back. Plus we have plenty of pig farms to dispose of the remains too (now that would be ironic).
Original post by Greenlaner
I hope ISIS understand that us countryfolk are far more likely to own firearms than our urban counterparts, and we would have no qualms with shooting back. Plus we have plenty of pig farms to dispose of the remains too (now that would be ironic).

hehehe great stuff Greenlaner. that would make a great Archers' storyline.

"Eddie's juss gorn to Borchester with Pip to sell some of his special sausages"
Ask GCHQ. They have correct answer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I can't say for certain, because our Secret Service are quite good.

But I would say a chance of an attack in the UK is very likely. Just maybe not in london.
Original post by anitax
and successfully? I think the stabbing at the tube station was only the beginning :frown:

i feel sorry for the genuine refugees but with isis having said themselves they will smuggle terrorists in among the refugees IMO its only a matter of time before london sees something like the paris attacks happen. bombing syria and fuelling resentment while still letting people in isnt going to end well

not to mention extremism is on the rise among many British muslims too (and lots of my family are muslims btw, but have attended anti ISIS marches etc). the Govt does not crack down enough on things like extremist schools like the ones in Birmingham in London.

why would isis even need to send over terrorists from syria when they could just ask the extremist muslims over here (whom they have converted online), who would otherwise fly out to syria, to conduct a terrorist attack?

obviously David Cameron has said several attacks have been stopped already. I predict one will slip through the net :frown:

Yea and yes

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending