The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Transferring University?

I'm in my second year of a 4 year course at Leeds uni, (Foundation year last year then BA from now on) and throughout my degree I've never quite settled, obviously to an extent this is normal but I almost dropped out last year as I was so miserable in Leeds and things haven't improved much this year. There have also been numerous family and personal issues that have probably made it a lot harder, but now, in my second year with me still not enjoying it I'm wondering whether it really would be better to transfer to Sussex which is near home and is great for my course (International Development).

Has anyone got any experience with firstly transferring and secondly transferring to your home uni?
I'm worried about moving back to my home city (I would live with friends though and then hopefully course mates/uni friends from then on, not at home) since I intentionally moved far away to be more independent, and I've loved that, but just not settled in the uni or city.
I don't plan on living in the UK when I'm older so I don't feel that moving home would make me stuck for life but it would still be an incredible strange experience.

I'm not at all set on anything at the minute but just considering my options as it seems pointless to force myself through something that's made me miserable.

Quick Reply

Latest