The Student Room Group

Interview candidate order

Hi, I'm at my interview at Oxford and I'm a bit worried about the order they've put us down for interview.

Basically, there's a whole list of people in alphabetical order (by last name), then there's me and some other student at the top of the list...I've never been one to worry about not fitting in until now!!

(My surname is half way through the alphabet and there's at least 5 people with abcde..surnames)

Can anyone offer an explanation? All I can think is that I was underneath the interview cut off for the admissions test and that they would take a chance on me.

As a physics person I like seeing patterns and this really doesn't fit

Maybe I should stop looking and thinking about it

Anything reassuring would be great since I've got my interview first thing tomorrow :colondollar:
Original post by SheepCurtain
Can anyone offer an explanation?

You haven't considered the possibility that an interviewer had a late-arising and unavoidable need to be elsewhere at the originally scheduled time of your interview (perhaps for a funeral or a faculty meeting) and some interviews were moved to make room for his/her absence?
Ok I'm at Oxford right now too- hi!
Possible reasons you're first:
time tabling issues with interviews @ other colleges/joint degrees
you were randomly put there because why not?
they think you're wonderful & want a good start to their day :smile:
you were below the interview cut off
any other reason you can think of

Don't stress too much about which it is- no one knows, & even if they did they wouldn't tell you. Your college must have some interest in you if you're here, so just do your best & remember to breathe x
Reply 3
It's more likely that you were supposed to be seen during lunch, but they realised that cheese on toast was on the menu so had to move you.
Original post by SheepCurtain
Hi, I'm at my interview at Oxford and I'm a bit worried about the order they've put us down for interview.

Basically, there's a whole list of people in alphabetical order (by last name), then there's me and some other student at the top of the list...I've never been one to worry about not fitting in until now!!

(My surname is half way through the alphabet and there's at least 5 people with abcde..surnames)

Can anyone offer an explanation? All I can think is that I was underneath the interview cut off for the admissions test and that they would take a chance on me.

As a physics person I like seeing patterns and this really doesn't fit

Maybe I should stop looking and thinking about it

Anything reassuring would be great since I've got my interview first thing tomorrow :colondollar:

How about... they are very impressed with your application, and want to send you for interview later at another college to show how high the standard is this year?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending