The Student Room Group

Universities replying during Christmas period?

Hey,

Do any of you know when the universities stop sending out offers during this period?
Reply 1
Original post by Traord
Hey,

Do any of you know when the universities stop sending out offers during this period?

I think they generally stop the 23rd of December, or so I've been led to believe.
Reply 2
Last year the latest offer I received was on the 19th December. So around then I assume.
Reply 3
Original post by Airmed
Last year the latest offer I received was on the 19th December. So around then I assume.

So there is still some time, cool
Reply 4
Original post by Traord
So there is still some time, cool

Yup! I think most unis return to offer giving around the 5th, 6th January also. That does depend on the university however as far as I am aware.
Universities will all CLOSE over Christmas - usually 22/23 Dec to 4 Jan.
Do not expect any offers or messages from Unis during this period.

Most will try to send out as many offers as possible before then - so keep your fingers crossed !
Reply 6
Original post by Airmed
Yup! I think most unis return to offer giving around the 5th, 6th January also. That does depend on the university however as far as I am aware.

Hey, do you by any chance know what I should do if I haven't received acknowledgement from Imperial that they received my application? I received emails from all my other unis and even an offer already, but they havent sent me anything... Nothing in my span either :/
Original post by Traord
Hey, do you by any chance know what I should do if I haven't received acknowledgement from Imperial that they received my application? I received emails from all my other unis and even an offer already, but they havent sent me anything... Nothing in my span either :/

That happened to me as well but the university later sent me an email for an interview. So don't worry too much about it. :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by Traord

I wouldn't worry, I didn't get an acknowledgement email from QUB until after I got my offer. :rolleyes:
I got a rejection on the 24th December last year lol so you never know
Reply 10
Original post by katienursing2015

What a christmas gift :frown:
Original post by Traord
What a christmas gift :frown:

Yeah it wasn't the best luck! It's my birthday on Thursday so hopefully if I'm gonna get any rejections it isn't then! Lol
Original post by katienursing2015

That is brutal💀 what uni was that?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending