The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

London college of communication ( lcc ual)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jack Ball
Sure, I'm not so nervous as this is my third interview, although I really do want an offer. From what I've read the questions are simply based on your UCAS personal statement, which isn't so bad. I just hope I can formulate good answers when put on the spot.:afraid:

Yep... that is what i've heard also! Were you asked to bring in a portfolio of work or anything? They haven't specified for me to bring anything, but I will just in case.

How did your other interviews go? Where they as scary as you thought or more relaxed?
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
I wasn't asked to bring a portfolio, but I have brought some essay material, photographs and my laptop with some film work. It mentioned in an email, you probably have the same, that a portfolio or written anyalysis material may be requested after the interview, I assume this means at a later date. I just didn't want to show up empty handed.

The other interviews were far more relaxed than I expected, I this your first?

Oh okay, yeah i think I got the same email. Yes it's my first interview... UAL is the only uni that have asked me for an interview and put me through the test a bit, the rest have given me conditional offers. Where else have you applied? :smile:
I've also applied to Westminster, Kent, Queens Belfast and Edinburgh, what about you? What do you think of UAL, have you been to any open days? I'm not so sure about its reputation.

I heard Westminster's interview process is pretty harsh... I've applied for Brighton, Hertfordshire and UWE. I haven't been to an open day for UAL, I live so far away that travel is a bit of an issue! Hoping I will get a good gist of things and be able to ask questions when I'm there.
Reply 23
When did you hear back from the uni about your offer?
Reply 24
I applied to do animation, submitted my portfolio online, via their portal. I got accepted within a week, I don't know if that's standard for the animation course? But yea, I didn't have to attend an interview....
Original post by michellebjerg
I just got a conditional offer for the film and television course, my condition was to take the IELTS test. I am from Denmark so english is not my first language. :smile:

Nice, hopefully see you there in September:smile:.

Ohhhh jack ball going in for the kill :wink:

michelle ball does have a nice ring to it, what do you think jack? :colone:
hmmm, I think Jack Johnson has an even sweeter ring, don't you?

johnson? i dont know anyone with the surname johnson... :backstab:

@michellebjerg sort your man out please :angry:
perhaps Johnston rings a bell?

maybe it does :wink:
Reply 28
How do you apply for accommodation? I got my offer today for LCC
ual halls of residence applications open in like May my friend
Reply 30
Anyone here gonna be doing Photography at LCC?
Yeah, I got one a few days ago too :smile:. Mines is on the 22nd.
Good Luck:smile:

Hey how did your interview go? What kind of questions were asked?
Hi, the interview was different from what I expected. There was absolutely no need for a portfolio or anything other than your knowledge. It is a group interview, this is actually a much nicer experience and helps to remove any felling of unease. Basically you and the other applicants sit around a large table headed by a course tutor, our the leader who is very nice. It is split into two sections, the beginning revolves around a sort of informal Q&A, the tutor will encourage discussion on a range of film topics and each person is expected to input something. There is also an opportunity to input other information you think is intelligent and film related, i.e. films you've enjoyed and why etc. Here you can also ask the tutor questions, although you can also do this at the end. The second section revolves around a group presentation. I can't remember the exact topic and it probably changes. They use this to gauge your ability in terms of communication, knowledge and confidence. Each group then delivers their work after. At the end you get a broader opportunity to ask question about the course.

Hope this helps, and good luck :smile:

Wow okay, this sounds more nerve racking than a personal interview! Is there any areas you could suggest that I should revise before going in? Thanks so much for the heads up though, gives me chance to figure out how to prepare :smile:
Reply 33
Ive been offered a place to do Photography at LCC! Anyone else??
Hello...are you doing Documentary and Photojournalism?
I've got an offer for Graphic and Media design, anyone else doing this course?
Original post by PaulineN26
Update: I submitted my online portfolio for lcc design for art direction and I got shortlisted for an interview :smile:

Still confused as to what course to take omg looool

How long did it take for them to get back to you, done one for london and they didnt get back:frown:
Reply 37
Original post by Shannamxo
How long did it take for them to get back to you, done one for london and they didnt get back:frown:

just like a day after and i got an interview. but they still haven't got back to me on offers yet :frown:
Hey, i got an offer for the course design for art direction :smile: and wondering if anyone out there is also joining this september? Maybe we can add each other on Fb, add me: Diana Ganea
I'm still waiting for a response regarding my application for Film and Television. I had my interview a couple of weeks ago, it's not fun this waiting game, is it?:afraid:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending