The Student Room Group
Uridj
(edited 5 years ago)
I'd rather us be neutral, and if we have to as a matter of survival, fight both.

Neither the USA or Russia are our friend or act in our national interest.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
I'm assuming you mean the United States, not America, as that would imply that the whole of North, South and Central America would go to war with Russia.

Whose side would you want to be on?

A neutral side (mentioned further on), but if I had to pick, I'd say the US side would probably be better for the UK.

Who would have started it?

Most likely Russia, but after excessive US sanctions and the threat of a long term economic collapse. The US might force down oil prices (as seen in the Cold War) as a way of punishing Russia for doing something inhumane, thus making Russia choose between having its people revolt or uniting the people to attack the US.

What country is the most different to us?

Russia by far. The US based itself on British customs and society, but obviously adapted for a slightly different political ideology. Russia on the other hand has had a different history to the UK, including its famous revolution.

However, there's a lot of misconceptions about World War 3, which is quite unlikely in the sense of the whole world joining in like it did previously:

- China wouldn't get involved, it will only defend itself. It's more likely it would join the EU in a major neutrality effort.
- The EU (and possibly the UN) would use its extensive soft power to ruin any attempt at made at igniting war, with extreme economic sanctions.
- Latin American and African countries have no colonial ties and therefore would not be forced in participating in a war
- US neighbours Canada and Mexico are much more independently thinking and would be more likely to side with an aggressive neutrality effort.

So it's more likely you would get something like: China, the EU, Canada, Australia/NZ, India, Japan, Brazil vs (the US vs Russia)
Reply 4
Original post by xJARSx
Hey guys,

So in our news, Russia are very alienated and America are seen to be our allies (which they are).

What I ask you is that if there was a "WW3" as such:

Whose side would you want to be on?

Who would have started it?

What country is the most different to us?

By the way before you answer take a read of Russian news, it's very interesting (their newspapers).

Assuming a non-nuclear war then i don't think it matters who we like best. The US has potential tax revenues several times higher and more advanced technology... they'd be in Moscow within 6 months. Supporting anybody but the US would be foolish and potentially damaging.
Russia in the last 20 years has been the only super power to have the most sensible foreign policy alongside China.

Russia did not invade Serbia forcing then to give up Kosovo.

Russia did not invade Iraq removing its strong leader opening up a Pandora's box of chaos.

Russia did not meddle with the internal affairs of Libya with air attacks removing their strong leader leaving behind war and chaos.

Russia did not supply weapons to terrorists in Syria trying to get rid of its secular strong leader.

Russia unlike the west is committed to fighting all terrorists and preserving the last strong leader of the Middle East who can bring peace back to Syria.

Im with Putin and Russia.
(edited 8 years ago)

Russia is bae, gotta stick with my eastern European heritage...
Errrrrr

'MURICA!!!!!!
**** YEAH!!!!

COMING AGAIN TO SAVE THE MOTHER ****ING DAY YEAH!!!!
Original post by AlwaysWatching
I'd rather us be neutral, and if we have to as a matter of survival, fight both.

Neither the USA or Russia are our friend or act in our national interest.

Russia ):<

Latest

Trending

Trending