The Student Room Group

EPQ primary research

so my question/ statement is: How psychology can distinguish between social and antisocial behaviours, and does this affect modern laws?
I'm relating this question to criminals (although i can't interview them, its just impossible) and brain activity, so like the psychological and biological aspects.

I dont know how to carry out my primary research for this (and secondary), any ideas?
Primary research isn't an essential. I had no primary research in my Extended Project whatsoever, and relied solely on secondary resources but still got an A*.

I'd start off your secondary research by breaking down your question into a series of more manageable key questions, then research each of the smaller questions. Find some reliable websites online and note them down, before you start going more in depth and looking into relevant books and articles, journals etc. But yeah, don't worry about primary research because you don't need it.
Original post by preetg97
Primary research isn't an essential. I had no primary research in my Extended Project whatsoever, and relied solely on secondary resources but still got an A*.

I'd start off your secondary research by breaking down your question into a series of more manageable key questions, then research each of the smaller questions. Find some reliable websites online and note them down, before you start going more in depth and looking into relevant books and articles, journals etc. But yeah, don't worry about primary research because you don't need it.

oh awesome thanks!! but doesnt it depend on your exam board?
Original post by fishicakeyxx
oh awesome thanks!! but doesnt it depend on your exam board?

What exam board are you with? :smile:
What exam board are you with? :smile:

AQA i think
AQA i think

I was with AQA too and I can assure you that primary research isn't a necessary.
I was with AQA too and I can assure you that primary research isn't a necessary.

oh okay thats great:smile: thank you x
My entire research was from online. Only primary research I had was emailing a guy who was involved in an organisation so I could get some information on something that was from a legitimate source.
Original post by Vikingninja
My entire research was from online. Only primary research I had was emailing a guy who was involved in an organisation so I could get some information on something that was from a legitimate source.

oh cool!
oh cool!

Depends what your project is on. Mine was near impossible outside of the internet because I can't get resarch at a library, from interviews and there's no educational institute with the kind of stuff I was looking for. I was using gov websites, sites with papers being published and other related legitimate sources (remember to use legitimate sources, try to avoid biased news sites or ones which are full of BS).
Original post by Vikingninja
Depends what your project is on. Mine was near impossible outside of the internet because I can't get resarch at a library, from interviews and there's no educational institute with the kind of stuff I was looking for. I was using gov websites, sites with papers being published and other related legitimate sources (remember to use legitimate sources, try to avoid biased news sites or ones which are full of BS).

ohh, my research can be found almost anywhere, i just didn't know how to get mine from other people.
I'll have a chat with my mentor and see what he says just incase. and yeah i went to Brunel University for my extended project and they explained non bias resources and where we could get them.
Reply 11
Could you interview a psychology teacher ?

Quick Reply

Latest