The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I like the Teach Yourself...books, but you need a great deal of motivation - so going to actually classes is always far easier. Do the university not offer classes whilst you are there to prepare you for your year in Europe? If they do take full advantage of them.
Reply 2
Yea they do but I've been hearing about a language proficiency test that must be taken in the first few weeks of term, so I thought that I should do a little preparation for it.
Reply 3
Best thing is to go over to Germany for a week or two during the Summer - it all comes flooding back if you're immersed in the language.
katrin_tara
Best thing is to go over to Germany for a week or two during the Summer - it all comes flooding back if you're immersed in the language.

Soo true - this is the best way to learn and you should learn loads just in a couple of weeks if you went abroad, by going to a language school for example or maybe getting a job.
heidelberg have any course in eglish
Reply 6
Pimmsleur and Michael Thomas are good - expensive, but word on the street is they're free at the torrent shop :ninja:
If you want to stay above the law then livemocha and byki are good.

Latest

Trending

Trending