The Student Room Group

I got a B in my Biology mock and feel ashamed

I studied for 2 weeks and I'm really good at biology but the questions were really vague and this resulted in me getting a few 0's on big questions. One was about codons, it had a sequence of 18 bases and the question was 'How does this DNA sequence code for these amino acids' or something like that. I stupidly wrote down how mRNA is created and didn't read the question correctly. I feel so dumb, I originally got a C+ but I found a mark that took me to a B. If this happens in my real exam, i'm screwed. I'm just so mad, I wanna punch something :frown:
Original post by xxVENUSx
I studied for 2 weeks and I'm really good at biology but the questions were really vague and this resulted in me getting a few 0's on big questions. One was about codons, it had a sequence of 18 bases and the question was 'How does this DNA sequence code for these amino acids' or something like that. I stupidly wrote down how mRNA is created and didn't read the question correctly. I feel so dumb, I originally got a C+ but I found a mark that took me to a B. If this happens in my real exam, i'm screwed. I'm just so mad, I wanna punch something :frown:

Don't worry! Mocks are there for this sort of thing, they let you know what you can do to improve! Which in your case is something very very minor, reading the questions properly. Don't hate yourself because you didn't quite achieve what you're capable of, as we all have bad days. Plus, a B is still decent! Confidence is really important and you're clearly very able, so keep your head held high and deal with any areas you might be a little weak on :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by xxVENUSx

I studied for two weeks also and got a D (I scraped). It just feels like such a waste of time and I'm even more demotivated for next summer.
Reply 3
Original post by Changing Skies
Don't worry! Mocks are there for this sort of thing, they let you know what you can do to improve! Which in your case is something very very minor, reading the questions properly. Don't hate yourself because you didn't quite achieve what you're capable of, as we all have bad days. Plus, a B is still decent! Confidence is really important and you're clearly very able, so keep your head held high and deal with any areas you might be a little weak on :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I just feel angry, the teacher gave us questions that had parts we couldn't answer because we hadn't done them yet! We all missed out on points because he gave us questions we couldn't even answer.
I know I shouldn't be angry/sad, its just I have high expectations of myself
Original post by Changing Skies

Posted from TSR Mobile

well said.
Reply 5
boo ****ing hoo, you got a B in an exam that doesn't count for ****. Get over yourself.
That makes me feel much better about my A, thanks! :biggrin:
Get over your self mate....
Reply 7
Original post by NoobCaek
boo ****ing hoo, you got a B in an exam that doesn't count for ****. Get over yourself.

Here come the trolls...
Reply 8
Original post by Coursework_Chem
That makes me feel much better about my A, thanks! :biggrin:
Get over your self mate....

Another troll, don't you anything better to do?

Quick Reply

Latest