The Student Room Group

Gone Revising Goes On Forever

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BKS
My standards are low cause U80 is **** but I def see enough at U105 to make it worth doing. A few guys I train with compete at U105 and do a few comps a year. And I'm pretty sure there's almost always Britain's strongest 105.I just had a quick glance at the comps FB page and the three most recent posts have U105

And I think strongman is a growing sport. Like you'd almost never see women's or masters and you see them a bit now. If there's seen as a market for the more niche categories then things are going the right way. Growing means more comps at all levels

To be fair I have seen a few comps around.

Also, it'll be a while before I can enter Britains lol
Reply 541
Original post by Gone Revising II

Also, it'll be a while before I can enter Britains lol

I didn't think you would be soon, but it's good to have something at aspire to :tongue:
Original post by BKS
I didn't think you would be soon, but it's good to have something at aspire to :tongue:

lol, yeah

I'm just going to carry on as I am, do what I feel like and see what happens. If nothing, then fine.
25/10/2016

Pullups, 3 3 3 3
Underhand BB Row, 40kg 15 15 15 15
DB Row, 24kg 10, 28kg 10 10 10 10
Pulldown, 12 12 12 12 12
Horizontal Cable Row, 10 10 10 10
Straight Arm Pushdown, 15 15 15 15
EZ Bar Curl, +20kg 12 12 12 12 20

So little rest lol.

My lats feel absolutely destroyed, fun session.
26/10/2016

90 minutes 6-a-side
27/10/2016

Bench, 40kg 3, 60kg 3, 80kg 3, 100kg 3, 110kg 3, 120kg 1 1 1
TnG Bench, 100kg 10

Log FTO, 45kg 2, 65kg 2, 75kg 2 2 2
Viper Log, 75kg 1 1

Yoke, 120kg 20m, 140kg 20m, 160kg 20m, 180kg 20m, 200kg 20m, 220kg 20m

Monster Log FTO, 80kg 1 1

Farmers Walk, 45kg 20m, 65kg 20m, 85kg 20m, 100kg 20m, 110kg 10m PB, 115kg 10m PB, 125kg 10m PB

Made it out to the strongman gym to feel out events ahead of the comp in a few weeks (and of course as my back recovers). It was nice to bench up nearer to my max again, still hoping to pb soon, probably the session after I am first able to arch again properly.

Log felt pretty good, I was aware of my back as I reached the top of the clean, but no pain here. The working sets were 10kg less than I need to rep on the day.

Yoke felt really good, I positioned it very high on my back and was cautious with the pickups, but got some work in and once I'd picked up, all runs were fast. Got to grab 260kg on the day, which I'm hoping to move very well with.

Farmers, first time in a very long time. As you can see, it was great. My back didn't bother me at all and really loaded some weight on. A bit more is there, but didn't want to push too far, plus weight on the day is 85kg.
(edited 7 years ago)
I'm guessing thats per hand with the farmers?
Original post by Angry cucumber
I'm guessing thats per hand with the farmers?

Yes it is :smile:
28/10/2016

Bench, 40kg 2, 60kg 2, 80kg 2, 100kg 1, 115kg 1, 125kg 1
TnG Bench, 105kg 8 8
TnG Incline Bench, 50kg 10, 70kg 10, 80kg 10, 70kg 15 15
Cable Kickbacks, 10 10 10
Rope Pushdown, 12 12 12

Low to High Cable FLye, 10 10 10
High to Middle Cable Flye, 15 15 15

Decent little session. Got equal to my pb, this time with my suboptimal setup and got a bit of TnG work in. Then got a nice pump.

Dominoes tonight, then back in tomorrow for a morning session.
[QUOTE=Gone Revising II;68263700]28/10/2016

Bench, 40kg 2, 60kg 2, 80kg 2, 100kg 1, 115kg 1, 125kg 1
TnG Bench, 105kg 8 8
TnG Incline Bench, 50kg 10, 70kg 10, 80kg 10, 70kg 15 15
Cable Kickbacks, 10 10 10
Rope Pushdown, 12 12 12

Low to High Cable FLye, 10 10 10
High to Middle Cable Flye, 15 15 15

Decent little session. Got equal to my pb, this time with my suboptimal setup and got a bit of TnG work in. Then got a nice pump.

Dominoes tonight, then back in tomorrow for a morning session.

Glad you are basically back :smile:

'Dominoes tonight' - as in pizza? Or the game? Haha

Just had a read through your old thread, you use a phrase you frequently use... 'Lol' would be my response to that thread hahaha.

'Nite'
Original post by Unistudent77
Glad you are basically back :smile:

'Dominoes tonight' - as in pizza? Or the game? Haha

Just had a read through your old thread, you use a phrase you frequently use... 'Lol' would be my response to that thread hahaha.

'Nite'

Pizza

and lol, the pace of chat on the forum was faster in those days, and it was a simpler friendlier time :wink:

and cheers, I am basically re-abled.
[QUOTE=Gone Revising II;68269312]Pizza

and lol, the pace of chat on the forum was faster in those days, and it was a simpler friendlier time :wink:

I have no idea why i thought it could mean a game of dominoes but i really did think that haha... Fs, i'm an actual mutant.

Haha, true.
What was the 'epiphany' you had that made you start exercising and getting your bf% down?
I have no idea why i thought it could mean a game of dominoes but i really did think that haha... Fs, i'm an actual mutant.

Haha, true.
What was the 'epiphany' you had that made you start exercising and getting your bf% down?

I just realised that it was in my own hands.

I only ate myself ugly because of my insecurities about being skinny, that was whilst not lifting.

I thought that my options were skinny, or chunky before I lifted.
Original post by Gone Revising II
Pizza

They all left just before I started on TSR. Feels
[QUOTE=Gone Revising II;68269606]I just realised that it was in my own hands.

I only ate myself ugly because of my insecurities about being skinny, that was whilst not lifting.

I thought that my options were skinny, or chunky before I lifted.

Ahh ok. I think i get the logic.

(Before lifting) you didn't consider the difference between muscle and fat then...

I was the opposite
[QUOTE=Angry cucumber;68269772]They all left just before I started on TSR. Feels

Wonder why they went...

Like, i can see myself reading the fitness section of tsr for some years to come.

The blogs are a small community of people (watched by a bigger number occasionally) who just are interested in fitness. It has very little to do with 'tsr'.

I forget the age of most on this forum, it disturbs me
Wonder why they went...

Like, i can see myself reading the fitness section of tsr for some years to come.

The blogs are a small community of people (watched by a bigger number occasionally) who just are interested in fitness. It has very little to do with 'tsr'.

I forget the age of most on this forum, it disturbs me

Average age of users is 14-16. It's truly terrifying

It comes in cycles. I've now been in the fitness forums since my first year of uni, so 3 and a bit years. Groups build up, friendships strike and then we all get older and move on. There's a fb group made 18 months ago, users like IOE, Ryb, Scoobie, they all moved on in life, one graduated, one became a clinical year med student and one got their job they had worked so hard for. So they move on from TSR.
Others stop lifting entirely due to life

And then there's the odd, old bastard like me who hangs around and some returning champions like Gone Revising who make up an older guard. But even then I'm a lot less active than i was, I give less advice than I used to and I'm fairly brutal in my put downs at times too as I cba long detailed explanations that I've written in the past.

All that time management

And then there's Smack, Smack is the constant in the fitness blog world, long live Smacks blog
Original post by Angry cucumber
Average age of users is 14-16. It's truly terrifying

It comes in cycles. I've now been in the fitness forums since my first year of uni, so 3 and a bit years. Groups build up, friendships strike and then we all get older and move on. There's a fb group made 18 months ago, users like IOE, Ryb, Scoobie, they all moved on in life, one graduated, one became a clinical year med student and one got their job they had worked so hard for. So they move on from TSR.

And then there's the odd, old bastard like me who hangs around and some returning champions like Gone Revising who make up an older guard. But even then I'm a lot less active than i was, I give less advice than I used to and I'm fairly brutal in my put downs at times too as I cba long detailed explanations that I've written in the past.

All that time management

And then there's Smack, Smack is the constant in the fitness blog world, long live Smacks blog

Smack. Where would TSR Fitness be without Smack...
Ahh ok. I think i get the logic.

(Before lifting) you didn't consider the difference between muscle and fat then...

I was the opposite

I just didn't lift, nor did I consider lifting. I was 14 years old and had my arms referred to as 'disgustingly thin', so I just started eating more food to be more normal.
[QUOTE=Angry cucumber;68270450]Average age of users is 14-16. It's truly terrifying

All that time management

Yeah, v scary but most of those stay well away from us. Those are the ones who bump 40 year old threads.

I suppose it is bad that i only know Scoobie from those mentioned.

I have been through it before. Watched tsr during my standard grades (GCSEs) , then went away. Then back during my highers... Then away. Fitness brought me back...

A few years and i'll post less. Depends who reads my stuff but if you guys all go and a 20 year old is the oldest reading anything i put in 5 years then chances are i'll probably stop posting.

All i meant was, i think my pisting will gradually decline. Like you say yours has. I don't think i'm suddenly goong to say 'that's it, i'm off' one day.

People ask the same stuff 24/7, it is annoying af. I know it isn't there fault but i used to comment on any thread that you guys had no commented in and help the people out but cba now. Just read the f***ing FAQ!!!

[QUOTE=Gone Revising II;68271602]I just didn't lift, nor did I consider lifting. I was 14 years old and had my arms referred to as 'disgustingly thin', so I just started eating more food to be more normal.

Why lifting? What happened there? From cardio to lifting is what i mean...

Quick Reply

Latest