The Student Room Group
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole

Will Bournemouth Uni be for me?

I currently live in Crawley, wasn't planning on going to uni at all but seeing all my mates at uni doing something with theirselves has made me want to go. I've had my eyes on Bournemouth uni however although Crawley isn't the most exciting place, I have Brighton and London near me to go out in. So what I'm asking really is will I enjoy living in Bournemouth as I do want to go to uni but want a good nightlife as well and activities to do when I have free time
Having been to both Brighton and Bournemouth, I'd say Bournemouth is just as exciting but safer than Brighton- the student union bar/ club in town 'the fire station' looks really cool and is right next to some of the accommodation houses. It's a bit more 'seaside town' than 'party central' but there are 2 universities in Bournemouth so there are a whole lot of students. SU activities are the best I've seen. Good luck making a decision- don't let your mates pressurise you into going though- it's a very expensive 3 years and you have to be totally committed.
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole
Reply 2
Thanks for such a quick reply. I see what you mean but I defo want to go, at the end of the day it's an experience you won't ever get again and if I can have a good time whilst getting a degree then I see it as win win haha. I like Brighton so that's a relief that's they're on par with each other
Original post by BMurray96
I currently live in Crawley, wasn't planning on going to uni at all but seeing all my mates at uni doing something with theirselves has made me want to go. I've had my eyes on Bournemouth uni however although Crawley isn't the most exciting place, I have Brighton and London near me to go out in. So what I'm asking really is will I enjoy living in Bournemouth as I do want to go to uni but want a good nightlife as well and activities to do when I have free time

Hi BMurray96!

My name is Patricia and I am actually a final year Law student at Bournemouth University and also a representative for the Uni on TheStudentRoom.

Going to uni is quite a big decision, have you been to the Open days run by Bournemouth or any other universities? I think thats the best way to find out if you like the area/uni/campus and its also a good chace to speak with current students to see how they have found it. You never know, there might be someone from Crawley who went through the same thing!

I can only speak for Bournemouth and from my personal experience, I say the nightlife is pretty good, there's always something to do and it's pretty close to most of the accomodation, so you don't have to worry about having to travel.

But like I said, visit a few places and see what you think! If you have any other questions, feel free to private message me!

Patricia :biggrin: !
Reply 4

don't go to Bournemouth Uni.

Hi Murray!

My name is Amy and I am a student at BU (and a student ambassador).I am from down that way myself, so I know exactly where you are coming from re Brighton.

Bournemouth does have a lot of stuff to do re. nightlife and activities so don't fret there. BUT I would think carefully about what course you want to do: £27,000 is a lot of money to do something that you don't enjoy.

Check out this blog post I made a while back re choosing a subject at uni before you make any decisions: https://microsites.bournemouth.ac.uk/undergraduate/2015/11/03/how-to-choose-your-uni-subject/

There are also lots of other posts on nightlife and things to do on the site so do check it out.

Like Patricia said do check at Bournemouth and any other place which looks interesting, it is important to find somewhere that feels right, and not just choose it because of "nightlife."

If you wanted to know anything specific do let me know!

Amy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending