The Student Room Group

Choosing A-levels?

Im currently in yr11 and my application for 6th form has to be in in 3 weeks..

Most people at my school only take 3 a levels however i cant decide what i want to take as i dont know what i want to do after school

I definitely want to take geography but then im not sure between history, maths and chemistry.

If anyone has any advice or opinions please let me know as im really not sure what to do??
Maths has proven to be one of the most useful A-levels for future use, I strongly recommend it.
Reply 2
I'm choosing my a levels as well and it really depends on what you want to study later on at uni. Out of the subjects that you mentioned I would also recommend maths as it opens a lot of doors for you further down the road.
[QUOTE="2kwl4u;61324411"]Im currently in yr11 and my application for 6th form has to be in in 3 weeks..

Most people at my school only take 3 a levels however i cant decide what i want to take as i dont know what i want to do after school

I definitely want to take geography but then im not sure between history, maths and chemistry.

If anyone has any advice or opinions please let me know as im really not sure what to do??[/QUOTE)
maths is good for everything
if u dont need chemistry please dont do it so may pick it as they run out of choices like me and as ur competing with the best in this subject as all the medics which is most competivitve course do it grade boundaries and content is so hard believe me stay awayyyyy
I'm doing geography, maths, chemistry and further maths, so I might be able to help you. Geography is really interesting but you obviously already know that as you are taking it. Maths will always look good, so if you like it and know you can do well in it then its a good idea to take it. Plus if you do statistics it will help you in the geography skills test if you do aqa (not sure for any other exam boards). I think the choice between history and chemistry may depend on whether you prefer human and physical geography. I personally love physical geography, and I feel that chemistry goes with it. If you prefer human then I think history probably links with it better. This doesn't really help if you don't have a preference :tongue:. What are you thinking of doing after year 13?
Do four. At my college most people do 4 than drop one after AS. wont they let you do four?
It honestly depends on what you're passionate about, and what you have an interest in. Generally, if you have a passion in a subject there is a higher likelihood of achieving better success in it. I do Geography, Politics, English and French as I would like to get into International Law in the future, but also because I find these pretty interesting. Of course, I'd recommend doing some research into what each course involves (look up the specification), making sure you find out which exam board your school does for each subject- prior research can help a lot and allow you to make a better, more confident decision.
Reply 7
If you do AQa geo, choose the statistics module (S1) in your Maths.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest