The Student Room Group
Drawing Tresco, Falmouth University
Falmouth University
Falmouth

Falmouth University Applicants 2016

Who's applying for Falmouth this year? What course? Any offers/interview invites yet? :h:

Scroll to see replies

Yes i am, i got an interview for the 22nd for fashion design!!

how about you?
(edited 8 years ago)
Drawing Tresco, Falmouth University
Falmouth University
Falmouth
Original post by lilly bryan
Yes i am, i got an interview for the 22nd for fashion design!!

how about you?

Applied last year and deferred so i have an unconditional to start photography next year :smile:
I applied to study illustration and I've got an interview on the 23rd of this month! I'm so nervous for it because it's my first choice uni :smile: My best friend has also applied to Falmouth but for photography and fashion photography
Original post by jordanamy
I applied to study illustration and I've got an interview on the 23rd of this month! I'm so nervous for it because it's my first choice uni :smile: My best friend has also applied to Falmouth but for photography and fashion photography

I was really nervous as well, its such a great uni! My interveiw at least was really relaxed, just a chat about your work really :smile: however the people who interviewed me didnt give any indication of whether they liked me or not so if you leave your interview not knowing if you did well don't panic. Good luck to you and your friend!
Hi I've applied to Falmouth to study Fashion Marketing and was offered a place yesterday! I didn't manage to make the open days this year but i love the look of the uni from what I've seen, can anyone tell me what they thought of accommodation and the general vibe just so I can get an idea of what its like? Thank you :smile:
Original post by mimimills4
Hi I've applied to Falmouth to study Fashion Marketing and was offered a place yesterday! I didn't manage to make the open days this year but i love the look of the uni from what I've seen, can anyone tell me what they thought of accommodation and the general vibe just so I can get an idea of what its like? Thank you :smile:

The accommodation is pretty good! Big rooms, double bed, huge desk, with an ensuite. The university itself is also really nice. I didn't see much of the falmouth campus but i did see a lot of the penryn campus. Its nice and quite and has pretty much everything you need on site. Falmouth has a youtube channel where they post videos of campus tours and stuff, take a look at them if you haven't already. They'll give you a general idea of what its like there :smile:
Original post by sonja_michelle
The accommodation is pretty good! Big rooms, double bed, huge desk, with an ensuite. The university itself is also really nice. I didn't see much of the falmouth campus but i did see a lot of the penryn campus. Its nice and quite and has pretty much everything you need on site. Falmouth has a youtube channel where they post videos of campus tours and stuff, take a look at them if you haven't already. They'll give you a general idea of what its like there :smile:

Yeah the course is based on the Pernyn campus and I know Falmouth and the surrounding area pretty well, I'm glad that the rooms are big and that the campus is nice - it makes me feel like I've made a good choice!!! (Hopefully I'll now meet my offer!)
Yeah the course is based on the Pernyn campus and I know Falmouth and the surrounding area pretty well, I'm glad that the rooms are big and that the campus is nice - it makes me feel like I've made a good choice!!! (Hopefully I'll now meet my offer!)

Good luck! Im so excited to start my course in September! What are your conditions? :smile:
Hi :smile: have any of you had interviews for photography yet? I have mine on the 22nd of Jan and have no idea what to expect haha!
I applied for illustration :smile: I'm sending my mini portfolio this week so i still dont have an interview
Original post by sdodoherty
Hi :smile: have any of you had interviews for photography yet? I have mine on the 22nd of Jan and have no idea what to expect haha!

Had my interview for photography last year. Its really just like a relaxed talk. As long as you can talk about your work, who/what inspires you etc. you'll be fine!
Original post by Concha22
I applied for illustration :smile: I'm sending my mini portfolio this week so i still dont have an interview

Good luck! :smile:
I applied for a foundation diploma in art and design and they replied back before the winter holiday telling me I did really well with the portfolio and that they'll be sending me more information about the interview in early January. I still haven't gotten an email yet though

I'm so anxious for the interview because falmouth is my first choice uni :frown:
Original post by Omaralsuk
I applied for a foundation diploma in art and design and they replied back before the winter holiday telling me I did really well with the portfolio and that they'll be sending me more information about the interview in early January. I still haven't gotten an email yet though

I'm so anxious for the interview because falmouth is my first choice uni :frown:

Just make sure you can talk about your work, inspirations, etc. really well and you'll be fine! :h:
Just make sure you can talk about your work, inspirations, etc. really well and you'll be fine! :h:

That's the thing, you know? I literally do art to express my feelings on paper in ways I never was able to otherwise :/ so it's really hard for me to talk about my work properly
Original post by Omaralsuk
That's the thing, you know? I literally do art to express my feelings on paper in ways I never was able to otherwise :/ so it's really hard for me to talk about my work properly

Maybe try talking about it more as a representation of feelings in general rather than specifically to you?
Good luck! Im so excited to start my course in September! What are your conditions? :smile:

260 tariff points! It's such a good offer, I'm really happy with it! hopefully I'll get it though! :smile: you have a conditional, how did your a-levels go?!
260 tariff points! It's such a good offer, I'm really happy with it! hopefully I'll get it though! :smile: you have a unconditional, how did your a-levels go?!

Pretty well! I got A*AC. Wish i could have started last year though, but at least i still get to go :smile:
Thank you! I'll try that

Quick Reply

Latest