The Student Room Group

Are young women of today making themselves ill?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Trevormacdonald
. Anaemia is almost expected now, everyone seems to have something wrong with either their bowels or ovaries, and insomnia is much more common. I know this is all anecdotal evidence but I but most will think yes "there is something to this". Lets see.

I haven't heard this, is their evidence? Also, I don't know(and maybe am from the wrong era, was 26 when facebook came along) how you can be highly ambitious and driven in a career field and afford to be on social media as well-unless peoples work rate has completely changed and peoples are on all the time, now, and I fear that they are. Can you get me up to speed, as am genuinely interested in this.
Ridiculous. To even suggest that "hectic lifestyles" make women ill (which you imply is the opposite of sitting around knitting and stirring a pot) is saying women cannot handle work. :colonhash:
Original post by Sweetie-Pie
Ridiculous. To even suggest that "hectic lifestyles" make women ill (which you imply is the opposite of sitting around knitting and stirring a pot) is saying women cannot handle work. :colonhash:

Er I see you and most of the feminazi haven't bothered reading the OP, I never said women can't handle hard work I simply compared the generations. My mums generation certainly worked hard but they didn't try to do the impossible which can be summed up as "having it all". Which btw men never have " had it all".
Er I see you and most of the feminazi haven't bothered reading the OP, I never said women can't habdle hard work I simply compared the generations. My mums generation certainly worked hard but they didn't try to do the impossible which can be summed up as "having it all". Which btw men never have " had it all".

"Feminazi." The viscerality of your posts is funny. Anyway I said you implied that women cannot handle work. And you are. Hence it according to your theory "making them ill."

DO you understand?
Original post by SaucissonSecCy
I haven't heard this, is their evidence? Also, I don't know(and maybe am from the wrong era, was 26 when facebook came along) how you can be highly ambitious and driven in a career field and afford to be on social media as well-unless peoples work rate has completely changed and peoples are on all the time, now, and I fear that they are. Can you get me up to speed, as am genuinely interested in this.

Yes I would say both men and women are always "on" nowadays. We actually have more "lesuire" time but since we are always connected to the internet we are never really away from work etc
i'm going to stick to the fats of in a couple of generations women's rights have come a huge way much faster then evolution could keep up with compared to men who have in history always been the breadwinner/worker and this has thousands of years of history so evolution has had time to work to make men better at what they did hence a lot of family lines that passed father to son to grandson and so on and so forth
that completes my argument on this matter
Original post by Sweetie-Pie
"Feminazi." The viscerality of your posts is funny. Anyway I said you implied that women cannot handle work. And you are. Hence it according to your theory "making them ill."

DO you understand?

For goodness sakes all you had to do is say yes the hard work is making them ill or no it isn't. Or that more women aren't even getting ill
Thats it.

Do you understand?
For goodness sakes all you had to do is say yes the hard work is making them ill or no it isn't. Or that more women aren't even getting ill
Thats it.

Do you understand?

You seem like the type to need a longer explanation...
Original post by mistyblue~
If men would take over more of the caring duties such as for children or sick relatives women wouldn't be so rushed about, there's a reason men are more laid back about things it's because they can be if the women are doing all the worrying.

Well I'm more like a man plus I don't talk much nor care that much about things, just the gym and my career. So any man with me would be forced to do the worrying.

Men aren't laid back, we just don't show our struggles and don't make scenes. Whilst women constantly throw tantrums and show it off.
Original post by Wurld
Some of the time correlation does indeed imply causation

And that can only be shown when u have the hard evidence to show that your cause does indeed cause it.

We'd need to test all these hypotheses that people are putting forward to see if any of them are correct.
Yes I would say both men and women are always "on" nowadays. We actually have more "lesuire" time but since we are always connected to the internet we are never really away from work etc

Yeah, you can say we don;t disconnect, but if people use those things at work a lot, there clearly isn't the level of intense focus there was. I remember the incredible levels of competition and focus all hours of the day on my studies at A level. And then I tailed of at uni, but some were still...but now? after facebook etc?
The culture is so different, people just don't spend that time on abstraction or have those attention spans.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending