The Student Room Group

Chemistry Olympiad 2016

Scroll to see replies

I just had mine today. I was really hoping NMR wouldn't come up because we haven't covered it in class yet, but alas there couldn't have been a bigger question on it :frown:
How'd you guys find the sulfur question?
Reply 42
It was actually quite easy. What about you
Reply 43
Original post by Joshthemathmo
How'd you guys find the sulfur question?

Anyone know what the actual answer would be for the organic question?
Guys,some of us (including me) haven't done it yet. Don't discuss yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Please tell me there were some moles questions
Reply 46
Anyone know when the mark scheme is released? And is it put online straight away?
The official one is released a day after the closing date which is tomorrow.
Has the markscheme been released?
Original post by SubwayLover1
Has the markscheme been released?

Yup

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can i find it online?:frown:
Can i find it online?:frown:

No, not yet. Only your teachers should have it at the moment :tongue:
Original post by Joshthemathmo
No, not yet. Only your teachers should have it at the moment :tongue:

Damb! Do you know when its released online?:frown:
Damb! Do you know when its released online?:frown:

It's usually after they've analysed and released all the results, so 3 weeks probably
This year's one was out of 100 whereas all the previous ones have been out of 60/70, yet it was only 2 hours, as usual. How would this affect, if it even would, the grade boundaries?
Reply 55
feel like i blagged this but still pretty satisfied with 21 :biggrin: .paper violated me tbh and im in yr 13 as well lmao but tbf i only had 75 min (entered pretty late due to cancelled bus) and couldve been a lot more prepared. i thought this would be multi choice like the biology olympiad...
Reply 56
Original post by GO97
feel like i blagged this but still pretty satisfied with 21 :biggrin: .paper violated me tbh and im in yr 13 as well lmao but tbf i only had 75 min (entered pretty late due to cancelled bus) and couldve been a lot more prepared. i thought this would be multi choice like the biology olympiad...

How is it different to the biology one? Might do the chemistry one next year but don't know much about it!
Reply 57
I got 25 and didn't really do any preparation so i'm pretty happy, It will probably be a broze but i'm hoping for a silver!
Reply 58
Managed to get 28, probably a bronze. But going with the grade boundries of last year (in %) I would have needed two more marks to get a silver...
I'm confused to how the change in total marks will affect the grade boundries. They could go higher because we had less time per mark, or lower because the marks were easier to get?

Got gold in biology though! To be fair I did do more prep
(edited 8 years ago)
Well done guys

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending