The Student Room Group

essay question!

so i got given a set of essay questions to look at for my exam in january and i have chosen the essay question on working memory so i just need to write up the essay and learn it for the exam. however, im not quite sure if i understand the question correctly so i would like a second opinion. 'Baddeley and Hitch’s (1974) Working Memory Model is one of the most influential models of working memory. Describe the components of this original version of the model and discuss how evidence from different experiments has contributed to its development.'. i understand the first bit but for my discussion would i talk about research that influenced baddley to develop the working memory or would i talk about research that supports their idea? or both? im swaying more to the influence of research but i would love a second opinion!
i did the WMM last year for psychology :smile: yepp i also think it means talking about the influencing research. :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by charlieecooperr
i did the WMM last year for psychology :smile: yepp i also think it means talking about the influencing research. :smile:

just to clarify, the research that influenced him to develop it e.g patients with brain injuries which contradicted atkinson and shiffrin OR research that lead to further development of the WMM, so episodic buffer, phonological store/articulatory loop?
Original post by sophkj
just to clarify, the research that influenced him to develop it e.g patients with brain injuries which contradicted atkinson and shiffrin OR research that lead to further development of the WMM, so episodic buffer, phonological store/articulatory loop?

I'd think it would be the research that influenced him to develop it such as brain injury patients (like Clive wearing) :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by charlieecooperr
I'd think it would be the research that influenced him to develop it such as brain injury patients (like Clive wearing) :smile:

okay thank you so much!!!!! :smile:
Original post by sophkj
okay thank you so much!!!!! :smile:

No problem x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending