The Student Room Group

Legally related jobs (non lawyer) in Asia?

I am a first year mature student on the LLB. Due to my partner's work and the languages we both speak, we are planning to move to Asia (most likely Japan or Korea) as soon as possible after my graduation.
I have discussed working as a lawyer in Asia on another thread but am considering different options if they are more viable.
So can anyone tell me anything about legal RELATED work in Asia? Something where I can use my LLB and be involved in a legal environment? Legal sectretary/admin roles in international firms based out there, work in legal organisations, office work for the British Embassy? I would really like to know what the legally related options are.
Thanks!
Reply 1
Analyst for renewable energy investments
Reply 2
apply for internships/vac schemes at international law firms with offices in Asia (i did). Then build on it and apply for firms that offer TCs/other positions there like BLP Law who'll offer TCs in Asia for UK LLB'ers (though mostly in HK office, not sure about Korea/Japan). Better to brush up on your Chinese language skills nevertheless (even if it's a Korean/Japanese law firm as they'll have an ever-expanding roster of Chinese clients and would want a duel fluent Chinese/English candidate).

source: own exp and friends who've worked abroad at Japanese law firms
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending