The Student Room Group

Plagiarism

I wanted to share this somewhere with other students and other prospective students. Apologies for typos im using my Iphone!

I was caught copying another students work who had gone through the same course as me 2 years earlier. I now face losing both my university place and my career before its even got off the ground.

I emplore all students however much you think you might get away with it, you won't. Its not worth it, i've been through 3 weeks of hell while the investigation has taken place, andI now have to wait for the outcome.

All I can say is that if you do cheat, and get caught, be honest and dont deny it, apologise to staff and the person you copied from if you can. Do it AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, approach your tutor before the investigation.

I feel like the worst person ever and Ive pulled every student down with me. No matter how stressed you get, dont do what I did, just ask for the extension!
Original post by Jame5C5
I wanted to share this somewhere with other students and other prospective students. Apologies for typos im using my Iphone!

I was caught copying another students work who had gone through the same course as me 2 years earlier. I now face losing both my university place and my career before its even got off the ground.

I emplore all students however much you think you might get away with it, you won't. Its not worth it, i've been through 3 weeks of hell while the investigation has taken place, andI now have to wait for the outcome.

All I can say is that if you do cheat, and get caught, be honest and dont deny it, apologise to staff and the person you copied from if you can. Do it AS SOON AS POSSIBLE, approach your tutor before the investigation.

I feel like the worst person ever and Ive pulled every student down with me. No matter how stressed you get, dont do what I did, just ask for the extension!

Glad someone posted this and I'm sorry your going to be kicked out.
Reply 2
Original post by Jame5C5

Hopefully they will just give you zero or cap it at 40. What course you doing?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending