The Student Room Group
The University of Gloucestershire
University of Gloucestershire
Cheltenham
Visit website

Ask the official University of Gloucestershire rep

Hi,

This thread is for anyone with questions about the University of Gloucestershire, from what the accommodation, facilities and courses are like, to the night life in Cheltenham and Gloucester (and anything else you can think of!)

If you have any questions, then just shout! :smile:

Maria at the University of Gloucestershire
(edited 8 years ago)
Hi,

I've got an offer from Gloucestershire and visited a few months back and I liked the looks of it! I just wondered if it lacked a buzz? I know it's not going to be as lively as a big city but what is the nightlife like? And how easy it it to make friends with people from the other campuses, if you study on the park campus is it unusual to go to another campuses students union? Thank you :smile:
The University of Gloucestershire
University of Gloucestershire
Cheltenham
Visit website
Original post by _qwerty97
Hi,

I've got an offer from Gloucestershire and visited a few months back and I liked the looks of it! I just wondered if it lacked a buzz? I know it's not going to be as lively as a big city but what is the nightlife like? And how easy it it to make friends with people from the other campuses, if you study on the park campus is it unusual to go to another campuses students union? Thank you :smile:

Hi,
I'm Aimee, currently a 2nd year at the University of Gloucestershire.
During the freshers fortnight, you have to opportunity to meet new people through the club events that the University plan. These are mainly ticket based which are easily accessible.
You dont necessarily need to go to the Student Union on your campus, as most of the information they give will be the same, and each Society will meet and locate themselves on different campuses. Despite not being a big city, the night life is pretty decent. It helps that the university campuses are close to the talk, walkable. Or you can get the buses which do a direct route from the campus to town and back etc.I'm from Bristol - a big city, so its nice to go to a smaller town. I found it a nice change in scenery. The bit I liked the best about the Uni is that everything is walkable, the nightlife, the highstreet and the big super markets.If you have any questions, feel free to ask.Aimee x
"I'm the official rep of Gloucester Uni. AMA"
Reply 4
Original post by _qwerty97
Hi,

Hi there,
I studied Television Production at Park Campus and lived away from home for my three years of study here. I can most definitely say that there is not a lack of buzz at all in Cheltenham. During the day there is something always going on in town as there are loads and loads of festivals that are based here, like the Food festival, Jazz festival, Literature festival and so on. At night I think I remember someone telling me there are over 100 pubs, clubs and bars in the town so I am sure there will be something you like. Personally we used to go to Moo Moos and Subtone a lot during the week, but it all depends on your music taste.

With the SU's I only ever went to another Union bar if there was a big event on, or if a social started there. That's not to say you shouldn't mix at other campuses, it was just me and my friends being lazy. :smile:
Reply 5
Hi
This is all really useful info as I am going to Glos next September, studying at park Campus but at the moment I am struggling with deciding what halls of residence to pick? I find the website has limited info about them! Any recommendations?
When are we likely to find out when our start date is, timetables and more info. As a mature student who currently works full time with children it would be good to plan ahead. Thanks
Original post by Ryandean89
When are we likely to find out when our start date is, timetables and more info. As a mature student who currently works full time with children it would be good to plan ahead. Thanks

HI Ryan,

Many thanks for your message, you can see the term dates for 2016/17 here and the timetables for 2016/17 are expected to be published on 1 August 2016. I appreciate that this doesn't give you much time but a lot of planning goes into it on our end to make sure that you can make the most of both your teaching time and the facilities.

If you can send us a private message with your email address and course you are studying, I can email you the timetable from this year if that would be useful?

Hi,

Well I've just got my accomodation offer through of St Mary's which is brilliant. However I've been given a shared bathroom instead of ensuite which I really didn't want and so I'm writing to ask if there's anything I can do to get ensuite instead of shared bathroom?

Getting accomodation with a shared bathroom is the worst thing that could have happened if I'm being honest.

What happens if I reject the accomodation? I'm having a little stress, so any responses would be helpful.

Thankyou, Lauren x
Original post by Lauren_9876
Hi,

Well I've just got my accomodation offer through of St Mary's which is brilliant. However I've been given a shared bathroom instead of ensuite which I really didn't want and so I'm writing to ask if there's anything I can do to get ensuite instead of shared bathroom?

Getting accomodation with a shared bathroom is the worst thing that could have happened if I'm being honest.

What happens if I reject the accomodation? I'm having a little stress, so any responses would be helpful.

Thankyou, Lauren x

Hi Lauren,

Many thanks for your message, I believe our Accommodation Manager has emailed you directly but if you have any more questions, please do let us know.

Does anyone know when we are likely to get our timetables for lecture etc. would be good to be able to plan transport etc
Original post by Ryandean89
Does anyone know when we are likely to get our timetables for lecture etc. would be good to be able to plan transport etc

Hi Ryan,

All of your induction information can be found at www.glos.ac.uk/teamglos2016 including details of how to register for your online account and enrol on your course.

Hope this helps, if you have any other questions, please email [email protected] or call us on 03330 141414.

HI Maria,

I was hoping to get more info on when we will receive how many hours we will be in lectures etc I guess we have to wait until freshers now ?

Many thanks
Hi,

Im currently working full time but dropping down to part time to complete a full time masters. I appreciate my timetable wont be ready but are you able to confirm last years days and lecture times for Forensic Psychology? My employer has agreed to alter the days if they are not the same but i would like to be able to give them a rough idea of when ill be able to work. Is that possible?
Hi there,

Thanks for your message! Last year's timetable for the full-time Forensic Psychology course was two full days on Wednesday and Thursday - although this became more fluid as the year went on, to accommodate for time working on assignments. Both days would be 9:15 - 12:15 and then 1:15 - 4:15.

We can't guarantee that this year's timetable will be the same, but that should give you an idea of how many hours a week you'll be scheduled in university.

Hopefully this helps!

Thanks,

Chloe
Original post by Anonymous
Hi,

Im currently working full time but dropping down to part time to complete a full time masters. I appreciate my timetable wont be ready but are you able to confirm last years days and lecture times for Forensic Psychology? My employer has agreed to alter the days if they are not the same but i would like to be able to give them a rough idea of when ill be able to work. Is that possible?
Original post by University of Gloucestershire Official
Hi,

This thread is for anyone with questions about the University of Gloucestershire, from what the accommodation, facilities and courses are like, to the night life in Cheltenham and Gloucester (and anything else you can think of!)

If you have any questions, then just shout! :smile:

Hi, I've had an offer from Gloucestershire and plan to study Product Design, I was just wondering if anyone knew what the course was like from their perspective, also I am undecided on accommodation as my course is based on the Park Campus but I like the look of Pitville I don't know what one would be best.
Many Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending