The Student Room Group

Is it ok to use the term 'whore'?

Scroll to see replies

I think if a woman has a ****ed up value system and lives an immoral lifestyle I think its fair enough. Such a lifestyle is damaging to her as an individual and to society so coming down hard on sloppy behaviour is justifiable.
Original post by nverjvlev
http://www.newsner.com/en/2015/12/a-daughters-words-is-moving-millions-dear-dad-i-will-be-called-a-whore/

This video is about the impact of sexist jokes and guys casually calling girls whores - do you think it's okay to call girls sluts or whores and why?

I do think this film captures what it's like to be a girl in today's society when there is so much social inequality and the words 'slut' and 'whore' are used not just inaccurately but also casually despite the impact they have.

Do you think this behaviour facilitates misogyny?

I don't think I could bring myself to call a girl a whore. It will hurt my soul.
Original post by Milzime
Lmao this thread...

Why can't we all agree it's better to just be nice to people (regardless of gender) hahahahh rainbows and smiles and suchlike

I'm not even a happy clappy person but in most cases I think most people would agree that it's not 'okay' to call someone a whore

*sigh*

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok, if it is bad bad to call girls a *****, what about calling them a ***** or ******, is that bad?
Original post by Gears265
Ok, if it is bad bad to call girls a *****, what about calling them a ***** or ******, is that bad?

(yes)
Start a campaign:

Girls should call guy's a serial rapist if they brag about their 'conquests', or else pathetic whimps if they are still a virgin at 14..
Original post by nverjvlev
http://www.newsner.com/en/2015/12/a-daughters-words-is-moving-millions-dear-dad-i-will-be-called-a-whore/

This video is about the impact of sexist jokes and guys casually calling girls whores - do you think it's okay to call girls sluts or whores and why?

I do think this film captures what it's like to be a girl in today's society when there is so much social inequality and the words 'slut' and 'whore' are used not just inaccurately but also casually despite the impact they have.

Do you think this behaviour facilitates misogyny?

Because of course, women are the only ones who face any social inequality...

Women get called whores, men get suspected of being rapists just walking down the road at night, I know which is worse
(edited 8 years ago)
I've been called worse so yeah why not

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending