The Student Room Group

UK Muslim family banned from getting on flight to Los Angeles

I saw this on BBC news last night but can not find the new story anywhere on line

Scroll to see replies

Does the name Matt come from Matthias or Matthew?
who cares?
(edited 8 years ago)
Oh noes.
All I did was search using the title of this thread.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-35111938
Reply 5
No reason given... mkay then
atleast make **** up X'D
you cant just stop them from boarding and give no reason :/

but i hope the family dont milk it and sue like that Ahmed clock boy's
"We can confirm that a group of passengers were denied the right to board a flight from London Gatwick to Los Angeles yesterday at the request of US Homeland security."

I'm sure there's a perfectly reasonable explanation as to why they were declined entry.

Can I have a list of the people on their airplane? I'm sure I'll be abel to find another "Muslim-sounding" family.
Reply 7
Original post by z33
atleast make **** up X'D

Why not? Perfectly within their rights to.
Original post by z33
atleast make **** up X'D

US Homeland security blocked them. It could be for many reasons, and they have chosen not to divulge the basis.
Original post by Sae.HH

Who are they going to sue?
Original post by Sae.HH

And what will their complaint be?

And...
Original post by DiddyDec
Who are they going to sue?

There is no evidence it was "Islamaphobia".
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by z33
atleast make **** up X'D

Are you serious?
You know they haven't even got their £8000/9000 payed back?
Reply 12
Original post by Sae.HH

Bc it's just so ****ty like Ahmed got all those opportunities and he was freaking invited to the White House by the ****ing PRESIDENT of America! and he got scholarships everywhere, yet they STILL wanted more

tbh it shows greed
If it were me i would've taken up the opportunities given to me but I would've also said it was okay and thank everyone for helping me out not FURTHER sue people and milk the **** out of a story
the kid just took something out with a bunch of wires stuck to it without telling anyone ofc they're gonna think it's a bomb like wtf
Reply 13
Original post by HAnwar
Are you serious?

yeah they should get a refund assuming this was wrongly done
but we don't know that

they can ask for that but they shouldn't sue for like... what was it the Ahmed family sued for? 10 million or summin?
that's just insane tbh
Reply 14
Original post by z33
Bc it's just so ****ty like Ahmed got all those opportunities and he was freaking invited to the White House by the ****ing PRESIDENT of America! and he got scholarships everywhere, yet they STILL wanted more

tbh it shows greed
If it were me i would've taken up the opportunities given to me but I would've also said it was okay and thank everyone for helping me out not FURTHER sue people and milk the **** out of a story
the kid just took something out with a bunch of wires stuck to it without telling anyone ofc they're gonna think it's a bomb like wtf

Meh, he exploited a good opportunity and got into a top engineering school in Qatar. Why would he waste it? Would you?
Original post by HAnwar
Are you serious?

I'm sure they'll get it back if proof of any wrongdoing is brought to light... in the mean time they should wait.
Reply 16
Original post by z33
yeah they should get a refund assuming this was wrongly done
but we don't know that

they can ask for that but they shouldn't sue for like... what was it the Ahmed family sued for? 10 million or summin?
that's just insane tbh

Of course it was wrongly done, they were a Muslim family and NO excuse was given to why they were stopped.

I don't think they will sue.
Original post by Sae.HH
Meh, he exploited a good opportunity and got into a top engineering school in Qatar. Why would he waste it? Would you?

Clearly some people have better morals.
Reply 18
Original post by Sae.HH

yeah i said it's fine to get those opportunities
BUT

like a month after the incident they were on the news suing for 15 MILLION DOLLARS in damages! what damages FAM?!

how is that not haraam X'D
Reply 19
Original post by Ojwasguilty
I'm sure they'll get it back if proof of any wrongdoing is brought to light... in the mean time they should wait.

You're so naive aren't you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending