The Student Room Group

White terrorist attemps to blow up shopping centre

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/12055935/Shopping-centre-evacuated-after-suspicious-device-goes-off.html

Surprised this hasn't made bigger news. Yesterday a terrorist planted a bomb in a shopping centre in Preston. Fortunately the authorities caught it and prevented any injuries or damage.

If this was a Muslim, it would have been all over the news and about 8 different threads would have been made about it. But when it's a white, non-muslim it hardly gets a mention and mass condemnation.

It would be great if we had a little less disparity of response, a terrorist attack (or attempted attack) is an attack, regardless of who carried it out.

Scroll to see replies

dw fam he mentally ill innit
people shocked cuz white terrorists are rare, no they're not it's what we're shown by media a lot more to what is shown
he was a troubled child............
Original post by Bornblue

If this was a Muslim, it would have been all over the news and about 8 different threads would have been made about it. But when it's a white, non-muslim it hardly gets a mention and mass condemnation.

First of all we dont know their religion.

Secondly you would not get 8 different threads about it, and it would not get much news either. There have been several foiled and unsuccesfull islsmic terrorist attacks that have not had a lot of attention like you seem to think.

In general there is more focus on islamic terrorism due to an ongoing fight with IS, making individual attacks part of a larger narrative.

Take of those paranoid glasses for a minute.
We arent currently at war with an organised group of white terrorists that have demonstrated their ability to on attack western soil tho
Mentally ill of course

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Farm_Ecology
First of all we dont know their religion.

Secondly you would not get 8 different threads about it, and it would not get much news either. There have been several foiled and unsuccesfull islsmic terrorist attacks that have not had a lot of attention like you seem to think.

In general there is more focus on islamic terrorism due to an ongoing fight with IS, making individual attacks part of a larger narrative.

Take of those paranoid glasses for a minute.

'We don't know their religion' Hang on - I remember you saying it was right to speculate about who carried out the French attacks and blame muslims before we even knew who committed them.

This time we know the victim and he was not a Muslims.

There are such double standards, why isn't this guy being branded a terrorist in the mainstream news? Is it only terrorism nowadays if Muslims do it? Look at this forum and see how many threads have the word 'muslim' in the title.

Partly the reason unsuccessful attacks like you mentioned haven't got attention is because details weren't leaked to the press, there was no way of knowing about them.

This has been in the press and gotten hardly any attention.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/12055935/Shopping-centre-evacuated-after-suspicious-device-goes-off.html

Surprised this hasn't made bigger news. Yesterday a terrorist planted a bomb in a shopping centre in Preston. Fortunately the authorities caught it and prevented any injuries or damage.

It would be great if we had a little less disparity of response, a terrorist attack (or attempted attack) is an attack, regardless of who carried it out.

Bit racist of you

Muslims can be white as well you know

But tell me how do you know this wasn't a muslim? (apart for the very racist option of judging someone because of the colour of their skin)
Original post by Zargabaath
We arent currently at war with an organised group of white terrorists that have demonstrated their ability to on attack western soil tho

So ISIS Members con't be white...O_o
Original post by BaconandSauce
Bit racist of you

Muslims can be white as well you know

But tell me how do you know this wasn't a muslim? (apart for the very racist option of judging someone because of the colour of their skin)

Before the Paris attack perpetrators were known, you were blaming it on Muslims.

I haven't said he wasn't a Muslim (which in all likeliness he is not), I have simply said he was white.
So the article says the 'bomb' went off in the bin and nothing happened? LMAO what kinda flop bomb/terrorist?? Next.
If there was CCTV footage of this attack being carried out by a brown man, there would be about 8 thread on here calling out a Muslim terrorist. No one would be saying 'we don't know if he's muslim'.

Yet suddenly, because it's a white man, all these far-right nut jobs are quick to say 'we don't know if he's a muslim'.

You can tell, they are desperately hoping it was a muslim, even though in all likeliness it wasn't.
When it's a brown person we scream terrorism, when it's a white person we pretend it didn't happen.
Before the Paris attack perpetrators were known, you were blaming it on Muslims.

I haven't said he wasn't a Muslim (which in all likeliness he is not), I have simply said he was white.

Called out bang to rights mate. Stop wriggling, You were obviously implying that he wasn't a Muslim.
"If this was a Muslim, it would have been all over the news and about 8 different threads would have been made about it. But when it's a white, non-muslim it hardly gets a mention and mass condemnation".

I'm not saying you're racist but you certainly made yourself look that way.:frown:
(edited 8 years ago)

Err I think you'll find I wasn't

I actually said we should wait until we have the facts as I would in all of these circumstances

Yes you've made a comment that was racist in an attempt to show other people as being racist

I believe this irony will be missed by you.
Original post by BaconandSauce
Err I think you'll find I wasn't

I actually said we should wait until we have the facts as I would in all of these circumstances

Yes you've made a comment that was racist in an attempt to show other people as being racist

I believe this irony will be missed by you.

Oh yes you were.
Let's not pretend if it was CCTV footage of a brown person, you wouldn't be on here going on about Muslim terrorists.

The reality is most Muslims in this country are not white, therefore it is quite unlikely he is a Muslim.
There is nothing to suggest he is a Muslim.

You're desperately hoping it is a muslim so you can call it a terrorist attack aren't you?
Original post by caravaggio2
Called out bang to rights mate. Stop wriggling, You were obviously implying that he wasn't a Muslim.
"If this was a Muslim, it would have been all over the news and about 8 different threads would have been made about it. But when it's a white, non-muslim it hardly gets a mention and mass condemnation".

I'm not saying you're racist but you certainly made yourself look that way.:frown:

How?
I'm white for a start. I'm pointing out that every time a terrorist attack is carried out by a Muslim it gets huge condemnation and tonnes of threads on here, but when a terrorist attack is carried out by a non-muslim, especially if they're white - barely anything gets said.

That's the racist part.
Oh yes you were.

OK I will prove you wrong

Here is the thread that was started while news was breaking

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3724217

Here is my first post

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3724217&p=60597807#post60597807

'Let's wait for the facts.

But it doesn't look good.'

Now I have demonstrated you are wrong will you do the right thing and apologise?
How?
I'm white for a start. I'm pointing out that every time a terrorist attack is carried out by a Muslim it gets huge condemnation and tonnes of threads on here, but when a terrorist attack is carried out by a non-muslim, especially if they're white - barely anything gets said.

That's the racist part.

There have been threads about it, just to into the news/current events threads.
Also there has been plenty of media coverage too.
Just because you do not read enough newspapers to see the coverage, does not mean that the event didn't get covered.
White supremacists are the biggest terrorists of all time, you should know that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending