The Student Room Group
Drawing Tresco, Falmouth University
Falmouth University
Falmouth

Job in Falmouth?

Hi, I'm going to apply for Illustration in Falmouth. I really love it, since I'm quiet person and I just don't like big, crowdy places and Falmouth seems to be really calm and familiar.
I have one problem though. I'm not from the UK and I will have to work for my living, because my parents don't have enough money to help me (I'm from Poland and 1 GBP costs 6 PLN ;o).

So that's my question: can you find a part-time job in Falmouth, even though it's such a small town?
Reply 1
Original post by Natalia_Bee
Hi, I'm going to apply for Illustration in Falmouth. I really love it, since I'm quiet person and I just don't like big, crowdy places and Falmouth seems to be really calm and familiar.
I have one problem though. I'm not from the UK and I will have to work for my living, because my parents don't have enough money to help me (I'm from Poland and 1 GBP costs 6 PLN ;o).

So that's my question: can you find a part-time job in Falmouth, even though it's such a small town?

Hey, I'm a student at Falmouth in my second year and I also have found the need for a job while at uni!
I won't lie, it's not the easiest place to get a job as many employers want people to work all the time and we students tend to go home for holidays, so it really depends how available you are willing to be :smile:

There are loads of pubs, bars, cafes and shops in Falmouth and Penryn where you can apply for jobs. At the university we also have the Career Hub which you can log into with your student log in when you arrive to search for jobs. Vacancies are posted on here all the time! You can also drop into the Career zone office on Penryn campus to speak to someone about making a cv or possible job vacancies in the area.

Also, normally around November/December time first years have the opportunity to apply for the job of Student Ambassador. I would say this is definitely worth applying for as it's flexible around term dates and is so good for meeting new people and helping to promote the university :smile:

So I'd say the answer is yes you can find a part time job (I had 2 in my first year), it's just a case of looking and be prepared to go through a few applications before getting where you want!

I hope this helps! Any other questions let me know :smile:
Ellie
Drawing Tresco, Falmouth University
Falmouth University
Falmouth

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending