The Student Room Group

Is this speech good

so this is part of my coursework... tell me what you think xxx

Who likes to watch the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show? Let’s be real here guys, we’ve all searched up a celebrity that has a nice ‘body’ that we want. Andsome of us havedefinitely attempted dieting or have even dieted to get the type of body we want.Youcan’t even deny it. Being a teenager in the 21stcentury is a struggle as we all want certain aspects of our bodies to be a certain figure. 90% of us females inparticular are unhappy with our body image. That’s literally 9 in 10 of us. As certain aspectsof our bodies are becoming social media crazes, the ‘ideal’ body shape is still a competition in teenagerslike us. For once, can’t we appreciate that we even own body parts, and that we don’t really have a need to drastically change aspects of them? I mean, I have no problems if you are insecure with a certain body part, because we all have our insecurities, but we need to consider that most of us will never achieve the ‘Kim Kardashian butt’ or the ‘Jennifer Lopez abs’or the perfect hourglass figure like Iggy AzaleaGet real! Withthe amount of teenagers with an eating disorder increasing dieting has gone to the extreme, such as the ‘liquid’ diet, currently been adhered by living doll,ValeriaLukyanova, and the ‘fruit diet’ which has been achieved by Loni Anthony, when she was pregnant. Over one-half of teenage girls and nearly one-third of teenage boys use unhealthy weight control behaviours such as skipping meals, fasting, smoking cigarettes, vomiting, and taking laxatives.What is our society turning some of us into? We are damaging our health just to achieve flat stomachs and a toned body. We need to be realistic guys, dieting just makes you crave for the things that you are ‘not supposed’ to eat. Are we going to achieve our ‘perfect’ figure by doing this?I guess this means that the ‘liquid’ diet will allow me to drink lot of tequila shots and Mojitos; they’re liquids after all aren’t they?Many people get the idea of dieting wrong. Dieting with too little or no exercise, will not give us any apparent alterations to our bodies, but in fact, as I mentioned before, will just damage your body instead of ‘fixing’ it up.Personally, I don’t diet, thanks to my fast metabolism (thank you mum), but for all you dieters out there, I’m not discouraging you but I just want to relay to you: don’ttake it to the extreme where you are not eating like yourself anymore. When I was younger, about 6 or 7, I had that puppy fat, which I bet all of us 6 or 7 year olds had and didn’t care about. Why couldn’t we continue to be that sweet and innocent, not giving a s*** about how we looked? I used to run around the playground with bogeys dripping down my nose; nobody cared and soIdidn’t either. But things started to change as soon as I hit my first year at secondary school. Mostof the girls in my year were somewhatcurvy, but thenyou had me;flat as a plank, no butt, no boobs, nothing, nada. I don’t want to admit that I was insecure about my appearance, but I felt that I could do with a bit of maintenance, not that I wanted their particular body. By year nine, I started to realise that everyone is different shapes and sizes, and we all have an aspect of our body that we appreciate and like. For me I am thankful about my defined collar bones and flat stomach. Whenever I look in the mirror, all I can do is appreciate and be grateful about the things I like about my body, instead of focusing on the aspects I didn’t like, such as my elbows. We all need to learn that we are unique andwe all have something that someone else doesn’t. We are becoming unrealistic humans, if we can even be identified as one now, with all the changes that people are making to their bodies. Plastic surgery is not only very expensive, but has many side effects.What if the procedure goes wrong? Did you know that several disadvantages include nervedamage, blood clotting,scarringand even death? You’d literally just be creating another issue for yourself. I rather you guys who are seeking plastic surgery, use makeuptoreconstruct yourself, if possible, because at least make up can be erased and can enhance the places you want. We all need to have a sit down and think about our lives. We don’t want to become the prey of eating disorders and disasters of plastic surgery. Let’s all appreciate what we have and don’t worry about what we don’t have.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending