The Student Room Group

The Anime Society Thread 6

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AngryJellyfish

You've got Sidonia no Kishi! I love Sidonia no Kishi! :biggrin:
Original post by AngryDragon97
You've got Sidonia no Kishi! I love Sidonia no Kishi! :biggrin:

As do I! :biggrin: I've been reading the manga since before the first anime series began... only one volume left to go now. :eek:
As do I! :biggrin: I've been reading the manga since before the first anime series began... only one volume left to go now. :eek:

I've seen volumes of the manga in a manga shop somewhere. I really want to get them next time and start reading the manga. Wow, how many volumes are there in total?

Who's your favourite character?
Original post by AngryDragon97
I've seen volumes of the manga in a manga shop somewhere. I really want to get them next time and start reading the manga. Wow, how many volumes are there in total?

Who's your favourite character?

The manga is finished in Japan at 15 volumes, but only 14 have been published in English so far. Volume 15 is due out in late April. :smile:

My favourite characters from Sidonia would be Izana and Tsumugi; they both feature in my all-time favourite characters list. :biggrin:
Original post by BookBird
It does?! I never knew! It is really good, wish they would update it faster >.< I've seen a few episodes of Toreador, it's quite interesting, it's on my list of anime I still need to finish. Mirai Nikki left me feeling empty too after finishing it ;-;
I believe it's called Post Anime Depression, and the only cure is to watch more anime, and so the cycle continues...Mirai Nikki was surprisingly good, especially near the end

Original post by Chibs
I am extremely knew to the anime scene, just joined forums like CrunchyRoll a few days ago and started watching Sword Art Online.

Recommendations would be appreciated, genre doesn't really matter to me at this point in time.

Can I recommend Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood? It was my first anime, and still is one of my favourites today. It will make you experience a whole spectrum of emotions from crying with laughter to actually crying, and has a brilliant soundtrack as well :h:
Original post by Luciferr

Can I recommend Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood?

I second this, although I'd say to watch the original 2003 adaptation first as some of the earlier episodes were done better imo, and the story also changes quite drastically from brotherhood, though I do think brotherhood is better overall.
I've decided to pick up the Korean manhwa Boy Princess (not to be confused with Shounen Oujo or Cinderella Boy that I'm also reading - such a varied manga list I have at the moment :p: ). I'd been wanting to read it for years, but as it was out of print and I don't have the shelf space anyway, I'd more or less given up... until I found out today that Net Comics have released it digitally for Kindle. :biggrin:
Original post by Luciferr
I believe it's called Post Anime Depression, and the only cure is to watch more anime, and so the cycle continues...Mirai Nikki was surprisingly good, especially near the end

Can I recommend Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood? It was my first anime, and still is one of my favourites today. It will make you experience a whole spectrum of emotions from crying with laughter to actually crying, and has a brilliant soundtrack as well :h:

Mirai Nikki is best. Have you watched FMA the original?
Reply 48
I finished Charlotte yesterday, I cried
I've just started Hacka Doll, figured there was just enough time left in 2015 for another series! The three short episodes I've seen so far have been great fun, but I'm not feeling the urge to go back and edit my Top 12 anime of the year list. :p:

New threads of potential interest (Updated 18/12/2015):

Winter 2016 Anime Preview

This thread would be of great interest to my sister. :h:
Original post by Chant No.1
This thread would be of great interest to my sister. :h:

Awesome! I have a lot of fun putting together the season preview threads, but they never seem to get many views or replies, so I'm always happy to hear that people appreciate them. :biggrin:
Awesome! I have a lot of fun putting together the season preview threads, but they never seem to get many views or replies, so I'm always happy to hear that people appreciate them. :biggrin:

She loves Poke'mon as her favorite anime! :h:
Original post by BookBird
Mirai Nikki is best. Have you watched FMA the original?

Saw it a veeery long time ago, when I was obsessed with FMA. Personally prefer Brotherhood, but they are both great
Yuno Gasai is one scary woman...she is still my favourite character from MN tho
Loved it whenever she got her knives out :h:
Posting to subscribe!
Original post by Plagioclase
Posting to subscribe!

Welcome and have fun! :biggrin:
Happy new year! :biggrin: For 2016, my anime resolution is to go back and watch as many sequels, OVAs, movies, DVD specials etc. as possible related to series I've already watched. I'm terrible for watching one series of something, then going off in search of something new and forgetting all about it, so it's time I did something about that. :p:

Titles I'll be starting off with:

Area 88 TV
Slayers Next
Those Who Hunt Elves II
You're Under Arrest! Second Season
Iczer Gal Iczelion
Akazukin Chacha OVA
Space Battleship Yamato 2
Jubei-chan 2

Bit of an 90s fantasy theme there. :p:
(edited 8 years ago)
I've not been watching any anime (or had the time until recently) but been playing around with Yandere Simulator, though far from being a finished game it's mildly enjoyable :tongue: that and i've recently acquired a smart phone so manga is a lot more viable and fun now :smile:
Original post by nixonsjellybeans
i've recently acquired a smart phone so manga is a lot more viable and fun now :smile:

Personally I find the screen a bit too small for my liking, but certainly not unusable
. I prefer a tablet so i don't have to zoom in to read dialogue.
Original post by nixonsjellybeans
I've not been watching any anime (or had the time until recently) but been playing around with Yandere Simulator, though far from being a finished game it's mildly enjoyable :tongue: that and i've recently acquired a smart phone so manga is a lot more viable and fun now :smile:

I'm following that too but the dev seems like a really unpleasant person...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending