The Student Room Group

The Anime Society Thread 6

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Plagioclase
Yes I would, certainly the first season. It has some good characters, great fight scenes and probably my favourite soundtrack of all time. Also it's quite short so it's not much of a commitment.

Guess that's what I'm watching next then :h:
Original post by Alexion
Guess that's what I'm watching next then :h:

It's pretty good but the 2nd season veers of the manga... There's also two mangas. Tokyo Ghoul and Tokyo Ghoul r.e. which occurs after a time skip

Watch below plz

https://www.facebook.com/AnimoTime/videos/558796020939688/
Been watching Magi. I'm on episode 22 of Kindom of Magic (2nd season). I have to watch the sinbad spinoff but anyone know if there'll be a 3rd season to the main thing?
Reply 83
Original post by keromedic
Been watching Magi. I'm on episode 22 of Kindom of Magic (2nd season). I have to watch the sinbad spinoff but anyone know if there'll be a 3rd season to the main thing?

Third season of the main Magi storyline hasn't been confirmed, but there is an Adventure of Sinbad TV series coming out this year.
Original post by caraniel
Third season of the main Magi storyline hasn't been confirmed, but there is an Adventure of Sinbad TV series coming out this year.

Thanks. I really should start updating my list more :tongue:. I seem too much like a casual.

It seems you can now hyperlink images on here? I'll have to learn how so I can make my sig a linkable image to my list.

I've also recently seen Nodame Cantabile and another one (don't recall name but it's about a deaf pianist and a sickly violinist). Love music anime :biggrin:.

I've seen recently magic high school anime which is pretty similar to Asterik :tongue: which is about a magic knight academy where the OP doesn't have much magic power but had a skill which allows him to sacrifice certain cognitive functions in order to be superpowered for a minute.

What are you watching?
Reply 85
Original post by keromedic
Thanks. I really should start updating my list more :tongue:. I seem too much like a casual.

It seems you can now hyperlink images on here? I'll have to learn how so I can make my sig a linkable image to my list.

I've also recently seen Nodame Cantabile and another one (don't recall name but it's about a deaf pianist and a sickly violinist). Love music anime :biggrin:.

I've seen recently magic high school anime which is pretty similar to Asterik :tongue: which is about a magic knight academy where the OP doesn't have much magic power but had a skill which allows him to sacrifice certain cognitive functions in order to be superpowered for a minute.

What are you watching?

I watch a ridiculous amount of stuff really - but I've been watching anime for about 16 years now, so I have that excuse! This week is the down time between seasons so I've just been finishing up last seasons shows & writing my end of season/year blog posts. The first impressions splurge for the Winter season will be starting in earnest next week when no doubt my watching list will rocket up to the mid-twenties again!

Yeah you can link to URLs using an image, that's always been an option on TSR - see the picture of the coding for my signature to see how.
screenshot-www thestudentroom co uk 2016-01-02 22-22-57.png

If you're looking for some more music themed shows I'd recommend Kids on the Slope, Sound! Euphonium, Beck, NANA and The Legend of Black Heaven. However Nodame Cantabile is hard to beat really.
Original post by caraniel
I watch a ridiculous amount of stuff really - but I've been watching anime for about 16 years now, so I have that excuse! This week is the down time between seasons so I've just been finishing up last seasons shows & writing my end of season/year blog posts. The first impressions splurge for the Winter season will be starting in earnest next week when no doubt my watching list will rocket up to the mid-twenties again!

Yeah you can link to URLs using an image, that's always been an option on TSR - see the picture of the coding for my signature to see how.
screenshot-www thestudentroom co uk 2016-01-02 22-22-57.png

If you're looking for some more music themed shows I'd recommend Kids on the Slope, Sound! Euphonium, Beck, NANA and The Legend of Black Heaven. However Nodame Cantabile is hard to beat really.

Ah okay. I've been watching anime for some years myself but tbh. mainly long running (shonen) series. It's more recently I've begun watching one of series and things which are 12 or 24 episodes! There's a lot out there to watch. I know I also have some older things to watch. Like I've not seen any SG things and they're meant to be good. What do you use to keep track of what's in the summer or winter?

Ooh, thanks for explaining how to link the URL :smile:. So obvious too :tongue:. Silly keron. You'd think I'd think of it as I know HTML and bbcode is similar-ish.

Thanks. I'll have a look at their descriptions. The other music anime I was poorly describing is Your life in April or Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso.

And the magic HS one is Chivalry of a Failed Knight. I've now seen a lot of these HS ones and let's say they have their similarities :tongue:. My favourite is Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei though. I read the light novels. Read the first 11 some time ago and i've 3 more to read. I get the scans on Baka-Tsuki.
Original post by Plagioclase
No, I don't think so. I had absolutely no idea what on earth was going on in the first half of Season 2, then it got better but the ending... oh dear. I liked Season 1 so I got through Season 2 but if you were already bored by Season 1 then I wouldn't bother.

SOUNDTRACK IS AMAZING THOUGH.

Hmmm. Maybe I ought to finish S2 if it gets better. I only got to episode 4 or so. God, the season end of 1 was so damn epic!

Do you like the manga?
Original post by zanner
I finished Charlotte yesterday, I cried

Were they tears of happiness? I've been tempted to try this series, but I've read really mixed reviews, with complaints about one-dimensional characters, plot-holes and wasted potential. I suppose the real answer to this question is to try it out for myself before forming an opinion. :colondollar:

I'm currently on the last episode of Subete ga F ni Naru. Nearly stopped watching after the first 3 episodes because I found the Moe character (her name is actually Moe) super annoying. She liked to remind the audience how rich she was, and how much she wanted to bed her chain-smoking sensei (whose haircut will probably give him lazy eye one day). I'm glad I stuck with it though, her character has fleshed out at bit, and the murder-mystery aspects are genuinely intriguing.

I've been putting it off for a long time, but I've got the first 3 eps of Mirai Nikki queued up to watch today.
Original post by El Nombre
Were they tears of happiness? I've been tempted to try this series, but I've read really mixed reviews, with complaints about one-dimensional characters, plot-holes and wasted potential. I suppose the real answer to this question is to try it out for myself before forming an opinion. :colondollar:

Those comments are sort of true, it's still worth watching though. Probably isn't going to be one of your favourites but it's definitely not terrible either.
Reply 90

Tears of everything. I don't wanna spoil it but yeah it did kinda feel one-dimensional at times, but it was pretty good not gonna lie. I don't watch any good anime though, you have to watch it though. It certainly is something!
Hmmm, if anyone has recommendations for manga, I'd really appreciate it. Been reading a lot of shoujo manga recently, which I don't mind, but my heart's kinda getting too tired with this. Anything other than shoujo pls..
Reply 92

Charlotte was ultimately wasted potential. Whenever something good happened, something rubbish would follow shortly after. I'd mainly put this down to the show needing about 50 episodes and only getting 13, so lots of things were rushed. But there were several parts with some very poor writing, and I'm not sure that can be attributed to the episode count.

I think it was sort of worth watching. There were some good scenes - one in particular that I'd never seen the likes of in any other show - and some weeks I was really looking forward to the next episode. But the finished product was not very good.
Just finished off Kill La Kill by blasting through a wad of episodes in the last few days. I quite enjoyed it despite disliking it at first.

Hopefully I will finish off the 2nd season of Silver Spoon now :tongue:
Original post by BookBird
Hmmm, if anyone has recommendations for manga, I'd really appreciate it. Been reading a lot of shoujo manga recently, which I don't mind, but my heart's kinda getting too tired with this. Anything other than shoujo pls..

Anything, eh? :colone: Here's some random series I liked, hope that one or more is of interest to you. :p:

Nijiiro Togarashi

Necromancer

Superior

Alabaster

Give My Regards to Black Jack
Original post by xDave-
Charlotte was ultimately wasted potential. Whenever something good happened, something rubbish would follow shortly after. I'd mainly put this down to the show needing about 50 episodes and only getting 13, so lots of things were rushed. But there were several parts with some very poor writing, and I'm not sure that can be attributed to the episode count.

I think it was sort of worth watching. There were some good scenes - one in particular that I'd never seen the likes of in any other show - and some weeks I was really looking forward to the next episode. But the finished product was not very good.

I think I know what scene you're talking about, and it was my favourite out of the entire show. I liked getting to know all the different characters in the beginning, but then towards the end there's an influx of new characters, and you don't get the proper time to get to know them really. That was my biggest issue with Charlotte, and the entire thing with Share?! Too convenient for my liking.

Original post by nixonsjellybeans
Just finished off Kill La Kill by blasting through a wad of episodes in the last few days. I quite enjoyed it despite disliking it at first.

Hopefully I will finish off the 2nd season of Silver Spoon now :tongue:

I'm watching the 2nd season of Silver Spoon currently too!! Gah, it's so good! Never have I watched an anime that has left me feeling so light-hearted c:

Original post by AngryJellyfish
Anything, eh? :colone: Here's some random series I liked, hope that one or more is of interest to you. :p:

Nijiiro Togarashi

Necromancer

Superior

Alabaster

Give My Regards to Black Jack

Wew!! Thanks so much! I'll let you know how I find them!! ^^
Anyone excited for the Winter releases , got 7-10 shortlisted!!
Original post by TSR Mustafa
Anyone excited for the Winter releases , got 7-10 shortlisted!!

Very! :biggrin: I'm looking to pick up twelve, and it's just under two days until the first of those (Prince of Stride: Alternative) airs! I'll be posting my thoughts on all the first episodes in the Winter Season thread, as usual. :yes:
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Very! :biggrin: I'm looking to pick up twelve, and it's just under two days until the first of those (Prince of Stride: Alternative) airs! I'll be posting my thoughts on all the first episodes in the Winter Season thread, as usual. :yes:

Will check out your review :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest