The Student Room Group

The Anime Society Thread 6

Scroll to see replies

I have returned. Nice to see the place so active in my absence! I'll look back and reply to any unanswered posts as and when I have time, as this evening will be busy...

Original post by BabyLadDarren
What anime is this from?

I'm pretty sure there was an anime where the MC falls in love with a girl and it turns out it's really another guy, but i cant remember the name so hoping this is the one.

Love Stage!!, and that's a fairly accurate description of the plot. :yes:
Original post by AngryJellyfish
I have returned. Nice to see the place so active in my absence! I'll look back and reply to any unanswered posts as and when I have time, as this evening will be busy...

Love Stage!!, and that's a fairly accurate description of the plot. :yes:

Thats sounds interesting, its not of those weird ass anime AJF?
Also are you a boy:colondollar:
Legend of the Galactic Heroes is the best anime of all time.
#LivefreeorReinhard
Original post by Aiko
On another note, I'm saddened that I've missed one of your 'identify the anime' threads. Although, it's tempting me to make one myself. Perhaps another video one...

Please do, if you get the chance. It's no fun always having to be quiz master, and never getting to take part myself. :no:
Original post by ColossalAtom
Is it a bit nerdy that I want to work out the numbers by using physics to determine how strong a character really is? Like their speed, acceleration, energy and such.

Nerdy, undoubtedly, but that's the type of thing we like to encourage around here. :giggle: Do share those stats if you get around to doing so. :p:

Original post by Kazuhira
I just watched gankoutsu : the count of monte Cristo

YEEEEEEET

it was great

Isn't it just? :coma:
Original post by quasa
can someone explain why people like jojos bizarre adventure diamonds are unbreakable (or most jojos for that matter)? the fights seem good but its story is lame

I'm finding Diamond is Unbreakable lacking in any real story or direction, probably because there's been no 'main villain' for this part; I personally loved the first three parts though. The plots are always simple, but the crazy characters that the JoJos meet and beat along the way to the Big Bad ensured it was never boring. But yeah, not the best franchise if you're looking for depth or complexity. :p:
I'm finding Diamond is Unbreakable lacking in any real story or direction, probably because there's been no 'main villain' for this part; I personally loved the first three parts though. The plots are always simple, but the crazy characters that the JoJos meet and beat along the way to the Big Bad ensured it was never boring. But yeah, not the best franchise if you're looking for depth or complexity. :p:

I havent seen the 1st 2 tbh. the fights with jotaro vs dio were good but have seen anime with better fights

Spoiler

. I liked joseph in 3rd arc and hear he's the main character in 2.

out of all the jojo anime, which would you say is the best?
Original post by I am Kira
and how would u know

I checked the aston student union website lol that's where all the societies and sports teams are.

Dw worry when you start uni, there'll be event called freshers fair. Where during the day you'll have the chance to see all societies and sports on offer :yes: and In night well you'll find out :wink:

Also are you a boy:colondollar:

Don't be fooled by the profile pic, he's a boy lol

Define weird. :dontknow: It's set in the real world at least, and nothing physically impossible happens, so quite normal by anime standards (and even BL standards).

Original post by quasa
I havent seen the 1st 2 tbh. the fights with jotaro vs dio were good but have seen anime with better fights

Spoiler

. I liked joseph in 3rd arc and hear he's the main character in 2.

out of all the jojo anime, which would you say is the best?

Well, it's produced by David Production. They're not the biggest budget anime studio out there. :dontknow: The JoJo franchise has to be their biggest hit, and I'd say the quality is improving. :yes:

Part 3 (Stardust Crusaders + Battle in Egypt) would be my favourite by a long shot. Best main characters, some of the best villains, and a clear end-goal unlike in Part 4. The first two parts were very good, but quite rushed and fast-paced due to the lower episode count.
look at my avi
Original post by slavery
look at my avi

avi? is that the same as your avatar (cool, you got a saitama avatar)
Nerdy, undoubtedly, but that's the type of thing we like to encourage around here. :giggle: Do share those stats if you get around to doing so. :p:

Just found out one of the character's wakizashi can expand up to 13 km at the speed of 171,600 metres per second. It can retract at that speed too. It was just a simple multiplication to find it out. But 171,600 metres per second is scary...
So now that (I think) I've caught up with all the posts, an update on how my weekend went:

...my tablet died on Day 1. I managed to watch 16 episodes out of a target of 70 - 80 over the long weekend.

:moon:

The one series I was able to watch in its entirety was the 3 episode .hack//Quantum. Pretty much exactly the same storyline as .hack//SIGN, but with less standing around and talking. :giggle: The one thing that did stand out was the animation, considering it's far more recent than the other shows I've watched from the same franchise. Great action, but forgettable, under-developed characters.

Aside from that, I watched six episodes of You're Under Arrest! S2 (better when it's focusing on comedy, not drama/romance as most of these episodes did), three of After War Gundam X (my third attempt at watching this series - bet that's why my tablet decided to give up on life), two episodes of Those Who Hunt Elves II (this was quite bad), one of Jubei-chan 2 (great fun, considering I'd forgotten everything about the first series) and one of Ginga Densetsu Weed (good start).

Fortunately, I had my Kindle to fall back on; though I'm a slow reader so only managed 11 volumes: Aoharu x Kikanjuu v.4, Yu Yu Hakusho v.9-11, Welcome to the NHK v.1-3, Mei no Naisho v.3-4 (end), Otomen v.15 and IS v.11.

Picked up Maiden Rose to replace Mei no Naisho... but as happens every now and then with purchases from emanga, the file for the second volume is corrupt. :grumble: They've always sorted out any problems I've had in the past after a quick email though, so hopefully I'll have a working copy soon.

Also bought the first volumes of Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso and Noragami in paperback at a car boot sale for £1 each - I don't have any real plans to continue with them, as I don't have the shelf space, but I needed a 'Plan C' in case my Kindle also packed up. :p:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1213
I have finally started watching Re:Zero :grin: though I am only two episodes in so I can't judge it too much yet. But's it's interesting to say the least.
Reply 1214
Original post by vin
Hanamura.. was featued in the Dragons short. Not a map Im fond of, find it narrow with that first choke point, but its pretty.:giggle:

The character I player the most is Mei so I love Hanamura :laugh:. Those small doors means she kind of dominates/infuriates the other team.

The anime is supposed to follow the game quite faithfully. Watched the series which I did like but hadnt played the game. I guess its kind of spoiled for me now?:tongue:

Possibly and the anime for me :laugh:. But Danganronpa 2 is on Steam at least which has some good reviews. I think I may buckle and get it this week.

Original post by mr T 999
Yeah the anime fellows it pretty closely :yes: it even has pink blood. Which is quite annoying when watching it makes it less dramatic imo.

That is bizarre with the blood but it does keep in with the styling at least. But if it is very faithful I may hold off for a bit then. As I might lose attention with the story being fresh in my head.
Anyone here a part of or was a former part of a Uni anime society?

I start uni in a few weeks and thinking of joining their anime & manga group.
Original post by Kvothe the Arcane

I was a member of committee for Aberanime for two years (translator & secretary), and a regular member for two more. :yes: And unless they've written me out of their constitution (which wouldn't surprise me, as I don't know any of the current members), I may still hold the rank of 'Eternal President'. :mmm: A small in-joke from my Masters year.
Original post by Kvothe the Arcane

Yeah I'm currently apart of anime society at my uni :yep: You should defo join you won't regret it.
Stopped Pirating Anime. Any good websites to legally :biggrin: watch anime? Seems like crunchyroll doesn't have it all. Apparently no AOT :colonhash:
Original post by Paranoid_Glitch
Stopped Pirating Anime. Any good websites to legally :biggrin: watch anime? Seems like crunchyroll doesn't have it all. Apparently no AOT :colonhash:

Lol why did u stop pirating?
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest