The Student Room Group

Cambridge students aren't all arrogant entitled brats

http://blewswire.com/interviewees-fear-not-arent-arrogant-entitled-brats-promise/

I feel like this should help expel some negativity people may feel.

Don't worry about the people if you're applying or have applied, it's a great place.
Yeah, speaking as a third year, generally people are pleasant. But there is definitely a subsection who fit the entitled / arrogant stereotype (often members of drinking societies), and it's definitely more prominent at certain colleges. E.g. some are overly competitive, and from what I've heard Gonville & Caius in particular has quite a lot of students that would fit your description.

But on the whole the article is accurate.
Original post by Bulbasaur
Yeah, speaking as a third year, generally people are pleasant. But there is definitely a subsection who fit the entitled / arrogant stereotype (often members of drinking societies), and it's definitely more prominent at certain colleges. E.g. some are overly competitive, and from what I've heard Gonville & Caius in particular has quite a lot of students that would fit your description.

Not my personal article but I agree, I just don't think people should be put off applying by these stories!
Thy are and they smell really bad. Especially the dons at Christs
Reply 4
But you do all have doubled-barrelled surnames, right? And also you are all named Henry, correct?
Original post by Tom78
But you do all have doubled-barrelled surnames, right? And also you are all named Henry, correct?

You've sussed us out. Have a cracker and a bottle of sherry on me good sir
Reply 6
I just came back to confirm that the girls are also named Henry, lol
Original post by Tom78
I just came back to confirm that the girls are also named Henry, lol

yes

Short for Henrietta
Reply 8
Original post by FanaticEV
yes

Short for Henrietta

No, no, none of that. Although alternatively you can be a Rupert :tongue:

represent

OP I couldn't agree more! :h:

Is this because of the whole irresponsible drinking thing? :lol:
Original post by Rhetorical Hips
Is this because of the whole irresponsible drinking thing? :lol:

Lmao heard about that

I think
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Lmao heard about that

I think

http://www.theguardian.com/education/2015/oct/17/cambridge-college-drinking-games-freshers-initiation

We were on the Andrew Marr show as well :smile:

Yeah but only for a few seconds. :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending