The Student Room Group

Do responses come over the christmas period?

Or will the majority of the application process be shut down now until the new year?
Reply 1
i got an email from Reading saying they were on christmas break from December 23 till January 4.
Most universities shut down entirely from 23rd / 24th December to 4th January. Even those that don't will have only a skeleton staff in place (and they won't exactly be working very hard), so don't expect anything to happen.

I do remember chatting to someone who works at UCAS and he told me that they actually see a spike in the number of people checking Track on Christmas Day itself. They were never entirely sure if people thought that they might get an offer as a Christmas present, or if they were logging in to show their extended family their offers when they saw them. Needless to say, no one gets an offer on the 25th!
Original post by Origami Bullets
Most universities shut down entirely from 23rd / 24th December to 4th January. Even those that don't will have only a skeleton staff in place (and they won't exactly be working very hard), so don't expect anything to happen.

I do remember chatting to someone who works at UCAS and he told me that they actually see a spike in the number of people checking Track on Christmas Day itself. They were never entirely sure if people thought that they might get an offer as a Christmas present, or if they were logging in to show their extended family their offers when they saw them. Needless to say, no one gets an offer on the 25th!

I've actually had an interview request come yesterday afternoon which answers the question! The blighters made it for the 4th Jan as well. Can you believe it!
Original post by skeptical_john
I've actually had an interview request come yesterday afternoon which answers the question! The blighters made it for the 4th Jan as well. Can you believe it!

Congratulations!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
A friend of mine got an interview through from Brighton today.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending