The Student Room Group

International student vs. Parents

Well, I am applying for Uni od south wales, and I am so excited about it, but my parents not. they are so freaky about all the danger in UK. I'll be there alone(without anyone who I know. for me it is great but not for my family, actually). Everything would be fine, but that anxiety come to me. Help me, guys. what can I do to stop it, just calm down?
Original post by Krzywonos
Well, I am applying for Uni od south wales, and I am so excited about it, but my parents not. they are so freaky about all the danger in UK. I'll be there alone(without anyone who I know. for me it is great but not for my family, actually). Everything would be fine, but that anxiety come to me. Help me, guys. what can I do to stop it, just calm down?

Well I'm a non-uk student and (fingers crossed) I'll move to uni in the UK. I'm on the same boat: my parents are a bit worried about me moving there, so i sorted everything out by telling them I'll be uber careful once there, I reassured them that i am mature and responsible enough to handle the situation, etc. Just calm down, if you look resolute and relaxed to them, they'll be okay too
Good luck for everything :smile:
Where are you coming from? Because the UK is one of the safest places in the world and you're not exactly going to be unsafe even by UK standards in South Wales :tongue:
Reply 3
I'm Polish, and as a girl they are afraid that something bad may happen... Lalala. You know. I feel ok with travelling and living somewhere else. Of course, I know, first months will be sooo tiring and hard, because of the new place, new people, missing family..
Ok, so staying calm is the best way to get through this issue, I guess...
:-)
Reply 4
Are you applying in 2016?
Tell me more abt it:-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Krzywonos

If you were in London or surprisingly Bournemouth I see their point though I still say go but south Wales you'll be fine just be prepared for a lot of rain and if your lucky a little snow.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending