The Student Room Group

Things a 17 years old should kno or learn?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SophieSmall
What do you mean by "when required"?

Like if i made a mistake and it would harm/ hurt someone i'd tell them. However, If at College I made a stupid error whilst reading the thermometer and the teacher say's whoever read it can't read, I wouldn't be like "Oh it was me!"
Original post by Uz25
Like if i made a mistake and it would harm/ hurt someone i'd tell them. However, If at College I made a stupid error whilst reading the thermometer and the teacher say's whoever read it can't read, I wouldn't be like "Oh it was me!"

Eh there is a difference between not needlessly pointing out to everyone else that you madea mistake, and being unable to admit to yourself that you made a mistake.

No point pointing out silly mistakes to people at all, so long as you recognised you made one and take steps in preventing future mistakes.
How to drive- it's essential for any future job
Eh there is a difference between not needlessly pointing out to everyone else that you madea mistake, and being unable to admit to yourself that you made a mistake.

No point pointing out silly mistakes to people at all, so long as you recognised you made one and take steps in preventing future mistakes.

Yeah true :smile:. What action should a girl take if a guy kept on staring at her/ glanced at he for a month. They never spoke to each other, but now they are creating a convro, but they talk mainly work-based at College
Original post by Uz25
Yeah true :smile:. What action should a girl take if a guy kept on staring at her/ glanced at he for a month. They never spoke to each other, but now they are creating a convro, but they talk mainly work-based at College

I'd ask her out if I liked her. And if she rejected me I'd move on and be okay with it, not get bitter or awkward and understand you can't win them all.
Jus
I'd ask her out if I liked her. And if she rejected me I'd move on and be okay with it, not get bitter or awkward and understand you can't win them all.

Just to let u know, I'm a girl and a guy is behaving like that....
Original post by Uz25
Jus

Just to let u know, I'm a girl and a guy is behaving like that....

Then ask him out if you like him.

Gender is irrelevant in this.
(edited 8 years ago)
Then ask him out of you like him.

Gender is irrelevant in this.

I just wanna be mates, I can't even tell if we are or not
Reply 88
What do you mean by "when required"?

I don't admit to mistakes all the time, particularly if I can resolve the issue quickly. It really does depend on the situation.
Original post by Uz25
I just wanna be mates, I can't even tell if we are or not

Well then don't ask him out...you really didn't make it easy for me to work out what on earth was going on or what you wanted.

If you think he likes you then if you're up for it ask him (without implying accidentally you like him too) and if he does say sorry you don't feel that way, and say you hope you can still be friends. If not then just ignore it.
Original post by Reue
I don't admit to mistakes all the time, particularly if I can resolve the issue quickly. It really does depend on the situation.

I Understand that, It was mostly a misunderstanding if you see my reply to his reply of that comment.

I meant being able to admit a mistake to yourself. As I think that is incredibly important.
Reply 91
I meant being able to admit a mistake to yourself. As I think that is incredibly important.

But some people never make mistakes!
I Understand that, It was mostly a misunderstanding if you see my reply to his reply of that comment.

I'm a GIRL!! so u mean if you see my reply to her reply
Original post by Reue
But some people never make mistakes!

Well la de daaa in Reue land, the land of mistake-less people. :tongue:
Original post by Uz25
I'm a GIRL!! so u mean if you see my reply to her reply

In my defence I am quite intoxicated.

But yes, my bad.
Reply 95
Well la de daaa in Reue land, the land of mistake-less people. :tongue:

The land of my work colleagues, if you actually believed some of them.

At least in IT most things are backed up so mistakes are recoverable (and hideable).
Original post by Reue
The land of my work colleagues, if you actually believed some of them.

At least in IT most things are backed up so mistakes are recoverable (and hideable).

Just get that stuff from harry potter, you'll be grand.

I like wizards.
Reply 97
In my defence I am quite intoxicated.

On a Tuesday? :biggrin:
Original post by Reue
On a Tuesday? :biggrin:

It's Christmas and I'm on my holidays. So yes. :biggrin:
not just a 17 year old but anyone really should know how to love themselves and if they don't then they should learn to because whoever you are you're a wonderful person!

Quick Reply

Latest