The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Welcome to our 2016 applicants and offer holders

Scroll to see replies

Luke, 19.

Currently at a different university but dropping out...

Firmed an unconditional offer the other day for Languages with TESOL (German).
Looking at applying to Victoria Hall and Fenton House.

:smile:
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
Hi I'm Lana, I'm 20 and i have just accepted my conditional offer to study here! I am thinking of staying at either at Leadmill Point or Victoria Hall. I'll be studying international tourism and hospitality business management!
Original post by lanaeardley
Hi I'm Lana, I'm 20 and i have just accepted my conditional offer to study here! I am thinking of staying at either at Leadmill Point or Victoria Hall. I'll be studying international tourism and hospitality business management!

Great news, Lana! We'll hopefully see you in September :biggrin:
I'm Natalie, 19

Received a conditional offer yesterday for Occupational Therapy!
I am so excited to move away from my hometown to Sheffield!

Do we have to pick a Firm and insurance?
All I need to do is pass my course and I'm there! :colondollar: I'm worried that I won't get the accommodation I'd like if I leave it for too long to pick an insurance :s-smilie:
Original post by cookie2396
I'm Natalie, 19

Received a conditional offer yesterday for Occupational Therapy!
I am so excited to move away from my hometown to Sheffield!

Do we have to pick a Firm and insurance?
All I need to do is pass my course and I'm there! :colondollar: I'm worried that I won't get the accommodation I'd like if I leave it for too long to pick an insurance :s-smilie:

Hi Natalie,

Congratulations on your offer :h: We're glad you're excited to move to Sheffield, we love it here! In fact, Laura and I love it so much that we stayed after we'd finished uni.

Yes, you will need to pick a firm and insurance choice. Once you've picked us as either your firm or insurance, you'll then be able to choose your accommodation here. If you've got any concerns about applying for accommodation, or have any questions about our residences, you can give our Accommodation Services a call on 0114 225 5555.

Hope that helps :smile:

Hannah
(Official TSR rep)
Original post by Sheffield Hallam University
Hi Natalie,

Congratulations on your offer :h: We're glad you're excited to move to Sheffield, we love it here! In fact, Laura and I love it so much that we stayed after we'd finished uni.

Yes, you will need to pick a firm and insurance choice. Once you've picked us as either your firm or insurance, you'll then be able to choose your accommodation here. If you've got any concerns about applying for accommodation, or have any questions about our residences, you can give our Accommodation Services a call on 0114 225 5555.

Hope that helps :smile:

Hannah
(Official TSR rep)

Thank you for the reply, that really helps! :smile:
Reply 26
Hi I'm Megan, I'm 19 and I've been offered a place to study Adult nursing.

The two accommodations I've applied for are Victoria Hall and Charlotte Court. Victoria hall being my favourite!

Really excited but nervous! Trying to keep a look out for people doing my course!
Original post by Mpcr96
Hi I'm Megan, I'm 19 and I've been offered a place to study Adult nursing.

The two accommodations I've applied for are Victoria Hall and Charlotte Court. Victoria hall being my favourite!

Really excited but nervous! Trying to keep a look out for people doing my course!

Congratulations on the offer Megan! :smile:
Stephanie - 21:smile: Accepted an unconditional offer to study Graphic Design. So excited for September!
Original post by stephevansxo
Stephanie - 21:smile: Accepted an unconditional offer to study Graphic Design. So excited for September!

Hi Stephanie

Congratulations! We look forward to seeing you in September!

Ash
(Student Ambassador)
(edited 8 years ago)
Nikki (18). Just firmed on joint LD nursing and social work degree. I visited Sheffild yesterday to look at accommodation and have applied for the Forge. Can't wait but am going to be a nervous wreck on A level results day!! Is anyone else on this course or looking at the same accommodation?
Original post by Nikki M.
Nikki (18). Just firmed on joint LD nursing and social work degree. I visited Sheffild yesterday to look at accommodation and have applied for the Forge. Can't wait but am going to be a nervous wreck on A level results day!! Is anyone else on this course or looking at the same accommodation?

Hey Nikki,

I stayed at The Forge during my first year at Hallam and loved it. The flats are a really nice size and I made some really great friends there. The Forge has got a great community vibe about it, because it's set round a courtyard so lots of people hang out on the grass in the summer and play football/have bbqs etc. There's a gym too if you wanted to use it, which was always quite quiet when I was there.

The Forge is in the perfect location too, as it's a nice walk to Collegiate Campus where you'd be based and there's an Aldi, ASDA, Waitrose, Sainsburys and loads of local and international food shops in an arms throw. London Road, where The Forge runs off, has some if the best restaurants and takeaways in the city from so many different cuisines. I've lived around the area ever since and always eat out there. There's a couple nice local pubs too!

Good luck for results day and everything that comes before!

Laura
(Official TSR rep)
Hello everyone!
I'm Ellie, 20, and have firmed my offer to do Events and Tourism top-up :smile: I've applied for Liberty Works and Liberty Court accommodation. Anyone else on this course/applies for the same accommodation?

Can't wait for September!
Original post by ellie.wiles
Hello everyone!
I'm Ellie, 20, and have firmed my offer to do Events and Tourism top-up :smile: I've applied for Liberty Works and Liberty Court accommodation. Anyone else on this course/applies for the same accommodation?

Can't wait for September!

Hey Ellie!!

Great to hear you are coming to Hallam in September!! Congratulations! I am a student here - I don't do your course but if you have any questions about Sheffield or university life get in touch!! :u::u:

Maya Rafferty
(Student Ambassador)
Hi I'm Poppy, 18 and have firmed my unconditional offer at Hallam for Graphic Design. I've applied for Liberty Court and Leadmill but I can't find many for Liberty Court for their first choice.
Original post by PoppyAnne
Hi I'm Poppy, 18 and have firmed my unconditional offer at Hallam for Graphic Design. I've applied for Liberty Court and Leadmill but I can't find many for Liberty Court for their first choice.

Hi Poppy! We're sure you'll love our Graphic Design course. Sheffield is a great city to be a creative, there are two times more people employed in creative industries than the national average. There's lots going on in and outside of the university and I particularly love the street art in Sheffield too.

Once it gets further into summer, we're sure you'll find more people who have applied for the same accommodation as you. It can take a little while to find people, and when you arrive you'll find a whole new bunch of people to meet too :smile:

We look forward to seeing you in September!

Laura
(Official Hallam rep)
Hey, I'm Ellie and I have a place to study Fine Art in September:smile: I was thinking of applying for the Pinnacles and Victoria Hall, I haven't visited any halls so have no idea which ones are best, but I'll read your Accommodation thread.
Hi my name is Lizzie I'm 19 and I have an unconditional offer for paediatric nursing for September I was wondering if you knew what the start date of the course is or where I can find it ??
Thanks
Original post by Lizzie cumming
Hi my name is Lizzie I'm 19 and I have an unconditional offer for paediatric nursing for September I was wondering if you knew what the start date of the course is or where I can find it ??
Thanks

Hi Lizzie,

Congratulations on the offer :smile:

The start dates for most courses are around the 19 September, but I think nursing courses may be a little different. It might be best to give our Admissions team a call on 0114 225 5555 to see if they have a better idea.

Hannah
(Official TSR rep)
Hi, I'm Curtis and I've firmed Sheffield Hallam to do a Business and ICT course in September. I was wondering if because I only applied for my accommodation about two weeks ago, am I guaranteed it? Also, my course start date is September 1st whereas the accommodation contracts start at least two weeks later, what do I do? Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending