The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Welcome to our 2016 applicants and offer holders

Hello and welcome to our applicants and offer holders for 2016.

Thank you for applying to Sheffield Hallam :h: we think you've made a great choice!

Feel free to use this space to chat with each other, ask any questions and get excited for starting uni in 2016!

Laura & Hannah
(Official Sheffield Hallam reps)
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

i thought i'd start by introducing myself :smile:

my name is Norah, i'm 18 and i have an unconditional offer for computer science! i'm super excited to be moving to Sheffield; it's gonna be so awesome!! especially looking forward to the societies and meeting new people :smile:

i'm thinking about either Leadmill Point or Exchange Works for accommodation; where is everyone else considering?
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
Hello Norah! It's lovely to meet you and we're excited to see you're coming to study Computer Science with us. Sheffield is a fab student city. Both Hannah and myself have stayed in the city after we graduated because we love it so much!

If you want to see our thoughts on accommodation, have a look at our Accommodation thread.

Laura & Hannah :biggrin:
Rachel..21, received an unconditional offer for educational studies :smile:
Original post by Rachelcorrigan21
Rachel..21, received an unconditional offer for educational studies :smile:

Welcome Rachel! Congratulations on your offer :biggrin:
I got my first offer today and its an conditional offer to study Information Technology with Business Studies here
I was offered a place to study international business with an unconditional offer if i put it as my firm choice :smile: Anyone else studying business at hallam this year?
Original post by James2810
I got my first offer today and its an conditional offer to study Information Technology with Business Studies here

Congratulations! :h:
Reply 8
Hi my name is Bilaal. Received an invitation to a selection day event for Radiotherapy and Oncology. I want to ask if there is a admission test for my course specifically. Can't seem to find it on the university website.

Any tips on what to experience on that day?

Many thanks
I'm Sophie, and I'm 22! Got a conditional offer for Creative Writing! :biggrin: As long as I pass my current course, I'll be in Sheffield this September!
Original post by TheSophisaurus
I'm Sophie, and I'm 22! Got a conditional offer for Creative Writing! :biggrin: As long as I pass my current course, I'll be in Sheffield this September!

Fantastic news, Sophie :h:
Reply 11
I accepted my offer from Hallam a week ago however I haven't heard back from the uni yet for accommodation information and how to apply now How long does it normally take to hear back from the uni after accepting a firm offer.
Ellie, 17 and about to accept my unconditional offer for film and media production(:
Kirsty, 20 and I have received an unconditional offer for Education studies.
I went to see your open day on the 7th February and thought the University was amazing!
I'm considering one of the liberty living accommodations!:smile:
Original post by Honeywood
I accepted my offer from Hallam a week ago however I haven't heard back from the uni yet for accommodation information and how to apply now How long does it normally take to hear back from the uni after accepting a firm offer.

Hey Honeywood,

It can sometimes take up to two weeks to send out information about accommodation. If you don't hear anything next week, do give us a call on 0114 225 5555 and we will investigate.

Thanks,
Laura
Original post by Kirsty Redfern
Kirsty, 20 and I have received an unconditional offer for Education studies.
I went to see your open day on the 7th February and thought the University was amazing!
I'm considering one of the liberty living accommodations!:smile:

Congratulations on your unconditional offer, Kirsty. We had a great time at the open day on Sunday and we're glad you love the university. We're sure you'll have an amazing time studying with us :h:

Laura
Reply 16
Original post by bilaal90
Hi my name is Bilaal. Received an invitation to a selection day event for Radiotherapy and Oncology. I want to ask if there is a admission test for my course specifically. Can't seem to find it on the university website.

Any tips on what to experience on that day?

Many thanks

I have attended the selection day for Radiotherapy and Oncology. There isn't an admissions test. We had a general talk about the course, placement sites and Sheffield Hallam. After that we were called in turn for an interview.

Just be yourself and try to relax (something I find impossible!)
Reply 17
Emma - 18. Unconditional for Criminology and Psychology :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by emrob21
Emma - 18. Unconditional for Criminology and Psychology :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations Emma :biggrin:
James- Hi I have a selection day in march for the paramedic course and was just wondering if anyone can tell me what to expect? and how long does the day last. many thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending