The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
I'd which accommodation to choose from: Victoria Hall or central Quay? ?? Also will I have the chance to maybe go over to Sheffield and view these accommodations???
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
Original post by Cathecia
I'd which accommodation to choose from: Victoria Hall or central Quay? ?? Also will I have the chance to maybe go over to Sheffield and view these accommodations???

Hey Cathecia,

We hold student-led tours every Wednesday, where you can visit our campuses and facilities, as well as have a tour of our accommodation. We can't guarantee, however, that all accommodation will be covered each Wednesday as the tour will vary from location to location. If it is specifically Victoria Hall and Central Quay you wish to visit, have a look at their websites/call the team to see if you can arrange a viewing of their show rooms.

Thanks,
Laura
Hi,
Just accepted my offer at The Forge, any one else accepted for there as well?
I have just accepted ed my offer at Charlotte court. Anyone else staying there?
Original post by aaron98_w
Hi,
Just accepted my offer at The Forge, any one else accepted for there as well?

Original post by NaomiMwana
I have just accepted ed my offer at Charlotte court. Anyone else staying there?

Two great locations to live :smile: you'll have a great time. Congratulations on your offers!

Laura
Reply 85
Just recieved and offer from Victoria Halls. I think I will accept
Reply 86
Hi, I've been made an offer for a single flatlet and wanted shared accommodation. Is it likely that accommodation services will change my offer for me?
Original post by LTC1
Hi, I've been made an offer for a single flatlet and wanted shared accommodation. Is it likely that accommodation services will change my offer for me?

Hey,

Yes we definitely recommend giving Accommodation a call on 0114 225 5555 to talk through the options available to you. The quicker you call, the more chance there is for a change.

Let us know if we can help with anything else :smile:

Laura
Reply 88
I have been made an offer for Liberty Works which was originally my first choice.
I'm also travelling to Sheffield on Saturday to view a room in Princess House.
Does anyone know anything that could help me decide which room to take?
My contract at the Forge starts a week later than everyone elses as I'm in block E, because of this I have not been able to select a move in time nor has anyone contacted me to discuss this. Any help for understanding this a bit more?

Thanks, Aaron
Reply 90
If anyone has any questions about Charlotte Court just shout! I lived there last year and I'm one of the residential reps for this year!
Once results day is out the way and everyone has their unconditional offers we'll have a Facebook group run by us for you all to join☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 91
My contract at the Forge starts a week later than everyone elses as I'm in block E, because of this I have not been able to select a move in time nor has anyone contacted me to discuss this. Any help for understanding this a bit more?

Thanks, Aaron

Hey Aaron,

I would give accommodation services a call on 0114 225 5555. They'll be able to advise you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
My contract at the Forge starts a week later than everyone else's as I'm in block E, because of this I have not been able to select a move in time nor has anyone contacted me to discuss this. Any help for understanding this a bit more?

Thanks, Aaron

Hi Aaron,

Don't worry, we have called Accommodation Services for you and they have confirmed that you can move into the property on the weekend of 17th September. Your tenancy documents are currently with your landlord, so once they have processed them you will be contacted directly to discuss your moving in time.

Adam from Accommodation said that there are instructions on the web page where students go to select a move in time.

We hope that helps! If you have any further questions, let us know or as ktjade suggested, give Accommodation a call. They're a friendly bunch :smile:

Thanks,
Laura
Reply 93
For someone who applied for accommodation on results day when do you think that I receive an offer?
Original post by imblue
For someone who applied for accommodation on results day when do you think that I receive an offer?

Hi

It can take around two weeks for accommodation to process and place everyone's requests. But don't worry - Accommodation services will help you find a place to live for this September. If you have any questions or concerns, you can always give them a call on 0114 225 5555 and they'll be happy to have a chat. :smile:

Hope that helps!

Hannah
(Official Hallam rep)
I've been offered a place if accommodation in liberty works and the room I've been allocated is called a double flatlet but i can't find any information about what this means does anybody know? Is there a common area in the flat? Because I've heard that a flatlet has it's own kitchen whereas a shared kitchen would normally double as a common area (which is what I really wanted). Any help would be appreciated x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Enigma17
I've been offered a place if accommodation in liberty works and the room I've been allocated is called a double flatlet but i can't find any information about what this means does anybody know? Is there a common area in the flat? Because I've heard that a flatlet has it's own kitchen whereas a shared kitchen would normally double as a common area (which is what I really wanted). Any help would be appreciated x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi Enigma17

If you're in a flatlet it just means you'll be sharing bathroom facilities with other people. Liberty Works and Liberty Court (another of our accommodation options) both share the same common room which has a pool table and some TV's - perfect for getting to know lots of people! :h:
If you have a look at the Liberty Works webpage you'll be able to get some more information about your new home :biggrin:

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Hannah
(Official Hallam Rep)
Reply 97
I applied for accommodation at the end of April when can I expect to find out if and where I will get accommodation
Original post by chris009
I applied for accommodation at the end of April when can I expect to find out if and where I will get accommodation

Hi Chris,

Not all offers of accommodation have been made yet but Accommodation services are working through them as quickly as they can - unfortunately we can't give you a specific date! You should have received an email from them this morning to let you know you'll be hearing from them soon so do keep an eye out.

Thanks

Hannah
(Official Hallam rep)
Original post by ktjade
If anyone has any questions about Charlotte Court just shout! I lived there last year and I'm one of the residential reps for this year!
Once results day is out the way and everyone has their unconditional offers we'll have a Facebook group run by us for you all to join☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, sorry to be a pain, but is that Facebook group up?

Latest

Trending

Trending