The Student Room Group
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole

Adult Nursing 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Hi

Please can any one help? My daughter is going to based in Bournmouth for Adult nursing, which is the best place to stay and how much is it? Also having lots of problems with regards to loans and bursaries, is there any more help she can get, I don't earn a lot and I'm a single parent.
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole
Original post by Nic 7959
Hi

Please can any one help? My daughter is going to based in Bournmouth for Adult nursing, which is the best place to stay and how much is it? Also having lots of problems with regards to loans and bursaries, is there any more help she can get, I don't earn a lot and I'm a single parent.

Hi Nic,

My name is Steve and I'm a final year student studying Business Studies at BU and I'm also a Student Ambassador here on the student room.

Since this is a really important issue, I would recommend sending an email over to our AskBU service. They've got lots of information available on Nursing accomodation and can discuss your specifc case in relation to bursaries and loans available. Hopefully that is helpful!

Steve Moss
[QUOTE="natalia0811;63245603"]
Original post by Pizzaajuice

Hey! Yeah that's what I was thinking, I would also prefer to be around different students as well, not just health and social care ones, so its a bit of a mix. How do you know what your placement location is already? And I'm still not sure, I want t stay at the halls but I don't know how this would work out. On the site is says that if we accept accommodation on a shorter tenancy, we would have to apply for a summer let later on:confused:

Hi Natalia :smile: I'm coming to BU in September to study Adult Nursing and have the same questions are you. I think I'd like to share accommodation with more of a mix of students. I keep looking at all the different accommodation options but just can't decide! I'm unsure of how the hospital accommodation works when our placements won't just be in hospitals :s-smilie:
(edited 8 years ago)
Hey I'm not sure that I'm doing this right. I have accepted a place for the September 2016 adult nursing with the placement locality of Bournemouth and have started the application process for the accommodation at the hospital. I was wondering how the accommodation worked when we have placement outside the hospital as well. I really need to know as I don't live anywhere near Bournemouth (I live in Hull)
[QUOTE="Bella2806;64301457"]
Original post by natalia0811

Hi Natalia :smile: I'm coming to BU in September to study Adult Nursing and have the same questions are you. I think I'd like to share accommodation with more of a mix of students. I keep looking at all the different accommodation options but just can't decide! I'm unsure of how the hospital accommodation works when our placements won't just be in hospitals :s-smilie:

Hi Bella2806

While you're welcome to choose any of the accommodation options available to you, we do recommend our Nursing students stay in hospital accommodation at their placement location. You will generally spend approximately half of your time at university on placements so it makes sense to live nearby. You also might prefer to be surrounded by Midwifery, Operating Department Practice or Nursing students who are experiencing similar shift patterns!

Even when your placements aren't actually in a hospital, you would still stay in hospital accommodation. I hope that makes sense.

You may find this webpage helpful.

If you have any further questions about your accommodation options, please don't hesitate to ask.

Best wishes

Sarah
Original post by SophieJoJo13
Hey I'm not sure that I'm doing this right. I have accepted a place for the September 2016 adult nursing with the placement locality of Bournemouth and have started the application process for the accommodation at the hospital. I was wondering how the accommodation worked when we have placement outside the hospital as well. I really need to know as I don't live anywhere near Bournemouth (I live in Hull)

Hi SophieJoJo13

Congratulations on accepting your place at BU!

As your placement locality is Bournemouth, we would recommend you stay in hospital accommodation.

Even when you are doing a specific placement outside of the hospital e.g. within a local care home or something, you would still reside at the hospital accommodation, if that's the option you choose.

Hope that helps.

All the best

Sarah

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending