The Student Room Group
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole

Adult Nursing 2016

Anyone else received offers from Bournemouth University for Adult Nursing 2016?! x

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Pizzaajuice
Anyone else received offers from Bournemouth University for Adult Nursing 2016?! x

Have you recieved an offer? I haven't heard back from them yet and applied ages ago!!!
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole
Hey Pizzaajuice and Leesh12,

I'm Chris and I am a second year student ambassador studying Marketing at Bournemouth University. Please don't worry too much about now receiving offers yet! Some universities take more time to look over the applications. Most conditional offers are made in March and April and all offers from universities should be made by the 28th March 2015.

If you guys had any questions for a current BU student please feel free to ask here!

Thanks and Good Luck
Chris :biggrin:
Reply 3
Received an offer from Bournemouth last week to study adult nursing woooooo!
Reply 4
Original post by CBowditch
Hey Pizzaajuice and Leesh12,

I'm Chris and I am a second year student ambassador studying Marketing at Bournemouth University. Please don't worry too much about now receiving offers yet! Some universities take more time to look over the applications. Most conditional offers are made in March and April and all offers from universities should be made by the 28th March 2015.

If you guys had any questions for a current BU student please feel free to ask here!

Thanks and Good Luck

Thanks for the reassurance lol, just stressful knowing people are receiving offers and I haven't even had an interview yet haha!!
Original post by Leesh12
Thanks for the reassurance lol, just stressful knowing people are receiving offers and I haven't even had an interview yet haha!!

No worries - glad to have helped! :biggrin:

Let me know if you had any other questions!
Reply 6
I received my offer the day after my interview!! So glad they didn't make me wait😴 such a lovely uni and seem so on the ball.
Reply 7
Original post by Leesh12
I received my offer the day after my interview!! So glad they didn't make me wait😴 such a lovely uni and seem so on the ball.

me too, i received an offer so quick from bournemouth, really impressed! everyone was so nice and felt so comfortable! Will hopefully see you guys around :smile:
I've received an offer from Bournemouth a month ago, and I've just been looking at the accommodation. From what I saw, most of the accommodation available is only up to 40 weeks, except for the Health and Social Science student accommodation, which I'm not too keen about. What are you guys doing about your living arrangements? x
Reply 9
Original post by natalia0811
I've received an offer from Bournemouth a month ago, and I've just been looking at the accommodation. From what I saw, most of the accommodation available is only up to 40 weeks, except for the Health and Social Science student accommodation, which I'm not too keen about. What are you guys doing about your living arrangements?

Hi, I received my offer for Sept 2016 for nursing and I was looking at the accommodation but the health and social care accomedation isn't as modern as the halls. I will live near my placement location but still unsure about what I want to do :frown: have you thought anymore? X
[QUOTE="Pizzaajuice;63245395"]
I've received an offer from Bournemouth a month ago, and I've just been looking at the accommodation. From what I saw, most of the accommodation available is only up to 40 weeks, except for the Health and Social Science student accommodation, which I'm not too keen about. What are you guys doing about your living arrangements?

Hi, I received my offer for Sept 2016 for nursing and I was looking at the accommodation but the health and social care accomedation isn't as modern as the halls. I will live near my placement location but still unsure about what I want to do :frown: have you thought anymore? X

Hey! Yeah that's what I was thinking, I would also prefer to be around different students as well, not just health and social care ones, so its a bit of a mix. How do you know what your placement location is already? And I'm still not sure, I want t stay at the halls but I don't know how this would work out. On the site is says that if we accept accommodation on a shorter tenancy, we would have to apply for a summer let later on:confused:
[QUOTE="natalia0811;63245603"]

Hey! Yeah that's what I was thinking, I would also prefer to be around different students as well, not just health and social care ones, so its a bit of a mix. How do you know what your placement location is already? And I'm still not sure, I want t stay at the halls but I don't know how this would work out. On the site is says that if we accept accommodation on a shorter tenancy, we would have to apply for a summer let later on:confused:

When I was told I received my place at Bournemouth I was told my placement locality. That would mean for the 3 years I would live in that location but I agree I would like to be around a mix of students but I remember the staff said its hard for health and social students to live with other students as they have lots of parties in halls when we have shifts on placement to get up for! Sounds fun! But I remember something about a summer let too, not sure I would want the stress of that! X
Reply 12
[QUOTE="Pizzaajuice;63245891"]

When I was told I received my place at Bournemouth I was told my placement locality. That would mean for the 3 years I would live in that location but I agree I would like to be around a mix of students but I remember the staff said its hard for health and social students to live with other students as they have lots of parties in halls when we have shifts on placement to get up for! Sounds fun! But I remember something about a summer let too, not sure I would want the stress of that! X

I got another email with a letter and the top of it shows your locality, I've got Salisbury so I will have to live in Salisbury :smile:
[QUOTE="omr1995;63246741"]

I got another email with a letter and the top of it shows your locality, I've got Salisbury so I will have to live in Salisbury :smile:

That's good! Salisbury is a good locality :smile: I have Poole so will be there for the course.
Hi Everyone

My name is Patricia and I am a final year at BU and also a representative for the uni on TheStudentRoom!

I saw your concerns about not living in halls and just thought I could assist with your undestanding of the process. The reason why Adult Nursing (as well as other types of nursing students) live closer to thier placement is mainly because of the schedules. You may be required to work early mornings or late nights (depending on the person you are shadowing). If you live close the travel to and fro won't be too bad.

Aslo, with the halls based in town, which is where most of the accomodation that BU has to offer is situated, doesn't have any car parking facilities and the course recommends that you have a vehicle.

if you have any other questions, please feel free to ask. Or you can email [email protected]

Good Luck

Patricia :biggrin:
Reply 15
i have poole too!! where are you planning on living? i have friends up there who recommended Corfe House as the best accommodation for a poole placement as its closest. its apparently one of the better ones too.
Original post by Leesh12
i have poole too!! where are you planning on living? i have friends up there who recommended Corfe House as the best accommodation for a poole placement as its closest. its apparently one of the better ones too.

Hey Leesh!

I would certainly recommend Corfe House if you are going to be based in Poole. It's actually one of BU's newest and nicest halls of residence but is considered fairly quiet as there aren't any other halls of residence nearby so could be perfect for you! The location is great as you are really close to shops, transport and Poole Harbour. As this is BU accommodation you will also receive a free pus bass with your rent payment. This will give you free travel into Bournemouth during the week.

If you wanted to find out more have a look at the webpage here; https://www1.bournemouth.ac.uk/discover/accommodation/corfe-house

Hope this has helped and let me know if you had any other questions!

Thanks, Chris :biggrin:
Reply 17
Hey Leesh!

I would certainly recommend Corfe House if you are going to be based in Poole. It's actually one of BU's newest and nicest halls of residence but is considered fairly quiet as there aren't any other halls of residence nearby so could be perfect for you! The location is great as you are really close to shops, transport and Poole Harbour. As this is BU accommodation you will also receive a free pus bass with your rent payment. This will give you free travel into Bournemouth during the week.

If you wanted to find out more have a look at the webpage here; https://www1.bournemouth.ac.uk/discover/accommodation/corfe-house

Hope this has helped and let me know if you had any other questions!

Thanks, Chris :biggrin:

Aw thanks Chris.
Just wondered, on the webpage, when you look at it virtually on the screen it looks really old? But then all the pics looks like it has had a rebfurb?
Original post by Leesh12
Aw thanks Chris.
Just wondered, on the webpage, when you look at it virtually on the screen it looks really old? But then all the pics looks like it has had a rebfurb?

No worries Leesh!

As far as I am aware the common room has been redecorated but the fixtures and fittings are the same (the vending machines/pool tables). The photos are slightly more up-to-date, check out Unite Students (the landlords) page as well here. This also has some great pictures of the house.

Thanks
Reply 19
No worries Leesh!

As far as I am aware the common room has been redecorated but the fixtures and fittings are the same (the vending machines/pool tables). The photos are slightly more up-to-date, check out Unite Students (the landlords) page as well here. This also has some great pictures of the house.

Thanks

Haha thanks. Is this where your staying?

Quick Reply

Latest