The Student Room Group
University of York
York
They are allocated.

You can say whether you would prefer an ensuit (which would put you in James College or Alcuin) but this doesn't mean that you'll get it since lots of people request that.

There is an opportunity to request to change once you get here and people start dropping out, but again you really can't ever be guarenteed the choice to move.

Really the college you are in is down to luck.
University of York
York
Reply 2
when do we apply for accommodation?
Reply 3
After you get your results, anything from 1 day to a couple of weeks.
Reply 4
You cannot specify a college, they're allocated depending on your preferences (eg. everyone allotted in Halifax college this year are non-smoking).
Reply 5
alastair
After you get your results, anything from 1 day to a couple of weeks.

thanks
Reply 6
YAWN? Why does no-one read previous threads?? NO, you cannot chose your college. NO, it isn't life and death whether you get an ensuite. seriously.
Reply 7
I have colour blindness that prevents me from being able to distinguish between darker colours well. I know that if you get an ensuire or not is often based on disabilities, obviously my disability makes it a bit of a hazard trampin about at night not being able to see where im going, when all I want is to have a pee! I have dyspraxia aswell even though that dosent make that much difference.
Reply 8
Dyspraxic Hi-5! Oh ****, missed.

I'm dyspraxic and have a week bladder :'(. Actually I'm really not bothered about en suite but I'd like a college central to the campus...can i make sure that happens?? I am not doing a levels and get my results in july...so an i pick before everyone else??
Reply 9
Best cross your fingers you get allocated to James then, that's the only en-suite college even close to being "central" (they're all within 10-15 minutes of each other anyway). You'll probably still apply at the same time as everyone else, but you'll be considered high-priority for an en-suite provided you can prove your disability.
None of the colleges are particularly far away, except Halifax and some of Vanbrugh... it takes about 10/15mins to walk from the top corner to the opposite bottom corner of campus

Latest

Trending

Trending