The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Maybe chewing it near the floss and it will create some sort of vacuum...?
Original post by DannyYYYY
I had the same thing, a very fine piece of floss stuck behind my teeth. It was seriously annoying, I ended up having to ask the dentist to get rid of it.

How did your dentist remove it? I am panicking that I will be stuck with this for the rest of my life :frown:

Original post by tinkerbell_xxx
Try and separate only a few bristles :smile: It usually works for me when I get things stuck in my teeth. If you have an electric toothbrush, try that too, it might help to wiggle the floss enough to pull it out
How close is it to your gums?

I will give that a try tonight and see how I get on, thank you. It feels like someone is constantly sitting on my teeth but is giving no let up @ all :frown: lol

The floss is between the 2 teeth, but in the gum (if that makes sense). If I could part my teeth and then pick it out, that would help so much, but I can't get to it, or can it be seen!? That's the problem! I feel it though, the pressure is just unbelievable!
Original post by DancinBallerina
How did your dentist remove it? I am panicking that I will be stuck with this for the rest of my life :frown:

I will give that a try tonight and see how I get on, thank you. It feels like someone is constantly sitting on my teeth but is giving no let up @ all :frown: lol

The floss is between the 2 teeth, but in the gum (if that makes sense). If I could part my teeth and then pick it out, that would help so much, but I can't get to it, or can it be seen!? That's the problem! I feel it though, the pressure is just unbelievable!

I think I understand, don't try to brush too much on your gums when trying this method, wouldn't want you to hurt them as well :tongue: good luck!

It was some sort of high powered jet followed by a really fine tool to 'push' it out, not sure what it was. It got rid of it though - don't worry, your dentist is there to help with anything teeth/gum related. They'll be able to help you! :smile:
It was some sort of high powered jet followed by a really fine tool to 'push' it out, not sure what it was. It got rid of it though - don't worry, your dentist is there to help with anything teeth/gum related. They'll be able to help you! :smile:

Yes, I feel like I want a high powered jet wash to just blast it out.

I will try and find another dentist . . another £18.80 :sigh:
Yes, I feel like I want a high powered jet wash to just blast it out.

I will try and find another dentist . . another £18.80 :sigh:

I tried tweezers and flossing it out with another piece of floss, I couldn't take the pressure any more so I caved in and went the dentist. You might be able to get it out though, the price just to get a fine piece of floss out is extortionate! :s-smilie:
teeth stuck.jpg

Hope this picture helps ya'll to see where I am talking about lol My teeth are tight (overcrowded). Click on it, and I have put a circle round the area I am trying to sort!
(edited 8 years ago)
Buy some of this ****:

Original post by TheGuyReturns
Buy some of this ****:

Got it and it hasn't worked!
I tried tweezers and flossing it out with another piece of floss, I couldn't take the pressure any more so I caved in and went the dentist. You might be able to get it out though, the price just to get a fine piece of floss out is extortionate! :s-smilie:

Yes, I went this evening, and when he started talking about the wisdom tooth, I was like ''WTF I'm not here for that, as that is being dealt with (it's coming out in the new year)''. I just felt like that was £18.80 wasted! Reluctant to go back, but I know I can't live like this. So will try at it again tonight. No success, will wait til after xmas and go to the ''emergency dentist'' and hopefully they'll be able to get it out.

Original post by tinkerbell_xxx
I think I understand, don't try to brush too much on your gums when trying this method, wouldn't want you to hurt them as well :tongue: good luck!

Reply 30
I have a wonky canine on the bottom too haha. Hope you get it sorted but I'm out of ideas
Original post by Abzz789
I have a wonky canine on the bottom too haha. Hope you get it sorted but I'm out of ideas

Just come across the idea - running vaseline along the floss . . .it's something sticky?! . . :s-smilie:

My gawdddd . . .I wonder if it'll just work itself out though? . . . :confused: Probably not!
UPDATE:

Went back to dentist today, saw someone else. He couldn't see it! But I said I can feel the pressure! He said maybe because I've been poking & prodding so much the area is tender still. Give it a few days & see, if no change, I'm to come back.
I've started oil pulling hoping that'll help to dislodge it but I think it's going to be a 'watch this space' situation :facepalm:
Reply 33
UPDATE:

Went back to dentist today, saw someone else. He couldn't see it! But I said I can feel the pressure! He said maybe because I've been poking & prodding so much the area is tender still. Give it a few days & see, if no change, I'm to come back.
I've started oil pulling hoping that'll help to dislodge it but I think it's going to be a 'watch this space' situation :facepalm:

awh man can't you get the back/ front of it with tweezers?
Original post by z33
awh man can't you get the back/ front of it with tweezers?

Tweezers won't get it out. What I'd like to do is separate the 2 teeth, & fish it out but you can't do that unless I'm having the tooth / teeth removed! It feels like it's stuck in the gum as its such a fine fine piece :-(.

It's incredibly frustrating & annoying, doesn't help also I'm having issues with my wisdom tooth (on the same side).
Reply 35
Tweezers won't get it out. What I'd like to do is separate the 2 teeth, & fish it out but you can't do that unless I'm having the tooth / teeth removed! It feels like it's stuck in the gum as its such a fine fine piece :-(.

It's incredibly frustrating & annoying, doesn't help also I'm having issues with my wisdom tooth (on the same side).

daym... well i mean i've had popcorn stuck in my lower teeth/ gum area and worked it out using my tongue/ nails

... so idk maybe that'll work?

do you have a thin firm plastic? that you can stick in there and get it out?
or like your shower head - is that very pressurised?
oh or what about those christmas tree looking things?

or this

Original post by z33
daym... well i mean i've had popcorn stuck in my lower teeth/ gum area and worked it out using my tongue/ nails

... so idk maybe that'll work?

do you have a thin firm plastic? that you can stick in there and get it out?
or like your shower head - is that very pressurised?
oh or what about those christmas tree looking things?

or this

Tried both of those, and it still won't come out! It's giving me terrible toothache / pressure in my left jaw. Doesn't help I've also got issues with my wisdom tooth @ the mo either :frown:. Had such a miserable christmas; can't drink either - on antibiotics for the wisdom tooth.

I am hoping that the fine fine fine piece of floss that has got stuck / snapped off, will dislodge itself. I'm doing coconut oil pulling, mouth washes and using warm salt water to try and move it. I don't want to keep poking it and potentially pushing it further and making the area very sore. If only I could just take my tooth out, clean the area and then put it back! :frown:
yes go to another dentist - don't try pulling it hard - once i had a bit of flos stuck and when i pulled it pulled the tooth's filling with it.
Original post by benrogers
yes go to another dentist - don't try pulling it hard - once i had a bit of flos stuck and when i pulled it pulled the tooth's filling with it.

Going to go back next week and see another dentist. I'm just worrying as I go on holiday in February and I don't want to be suffering with this when I am abroad! I haven't got a filling in the 2 teeth is stuck in between though . . so no idea :dontknow:, but it's highly highly irritating.
Reply 39
Any update?

Latest