The Student Room Group

HELP - trying to decide which uni offer/s to accept

So I received my last offer yesterday and have been weighing up the pros and cons of the unis I've applied to, which are: Sussex, Kent (x2), Royal Holloway and East Anglia. Since the grade requirements are generally the same, I'm having trouble making a decision.

Sussex (English) - Originally required AAA-AAB, but if I make them my firm choice have offered ABB. I like that their course is flexible.
Kent (World Lit) - ABB. I'm really interested in this particular course, so plan on accepting this offer.
Kent (English & American Lit with Hispanic Studies) - BBB. I planned this to be my insurance offer if need be, but I'm expected to achieve AAB and I don't think I'd fall to just Bs.
RHW (Comparative Lit and Culture and Spanish) - ABB. I do find this course interesting, but not as interesting as Kent's World Lit course.
East Anglia (American and English Lit) - AAB. Meant to be really good for English, but I'm put off distance-wise since I'd want to come back to London.

Sorry this is a bit long, I'm just interested in what other people would go for - particularly if you've had any experience at any of these universities. Thanks :smile:
University of East anglia is amazing! And I have a friend on that course who is really enjoying it. Plus, London really isn't that far from here
Original post by Stevie.B
So I received my last offer yesterday and have been weighing up the pros and cons of the unis I've applied to, which are: Sussex, Kent (x2), Royal Holloway and East Anglia. Since the grade requirements are generally the same, I'm having trouble making a decision.

Sussex (English) - Originally required AAA-AAB, but if I make them my firm choice have offered ABB. I like that their course is flexible.
Kent (World Lit) - ABB. I'm really interested in this particular course, so plan on accepting this offer.
Kent (English & American Lit with Hispanic Studies) - BBB. I planned this to be my insurance offer if need be, but I'm expected to achieve AAB and I don't think I'd fall to just Bs.
RHW (Comparative Lit and Culture and Spanish) - ABB. I do find this course interesting, but not as interesting as Kent's World Lit course.
East Anglia (American and English Lit) - AAB. Meant to be really good for English, but I'm put off distance-wise since I'd want to come back to London.

Sorry this is a bit long, I'm just interested in what other people would go for - particularly if you've had any experience at any of these universities. Thanks :smile:

Are you going to let a bunch of strangers on a forum decide for you?
You plan on accepting Kent, so do it. If it's the one that appeals most to you, go ahead. Your firm should also be Kent, becuase whilst you may not think you'd fall to just Bs, you may have a bad day. Good luck, dude.
Reply 3
Original post by flippantri
Are you going to let a bunch of strangers on a forum decide for you?
You plan on accepting Kent, so do it. If it's the one that appeals most to you, go ahead. Your firm should also be Kent, becuase whilst you may not think you'd fall to just Bs, you may have a bad day. Good luck, dude.

I'm just looking for opinions out of curiosity - specifically people who've been to the unis to find out what they think. Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Chillibean
University of East anglia is amazing! And I have a friend on that course who is really enjoying it. Plus, London really isn't that far from here

It is further than the other unis though

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending