The Student Room Group

University choice advice needed

Hi,
I'm looking to study Politics and International Relations at university and currently have offers from Sheffield, Oxford Brooke's, Leicester and Lancaster and am waiting for an offer from Newcastle.
I'm panicking slightly already about which university to put as my firm and have mainly been looking at employment prospects and grades so far when deciding on universities.
I was just wondering if anyone could push me in the right direction and help me understand what I'm supposed to be looking for when I go to visit them since I know universities tend to exaggerate how good they are when planned visits are happening.
Original post by emmakait8
Hi,
I'm looking to study Politics and International Relations at university and currently have offers from Sheffield, Oxford Brooke's, Leicester and Lancaster and am waiting for an offer from Newcastle.
I'm panicking slightly already about which university to put as my firm and have mainly been looking at employment prospects and grades so far when deciding on universities.
I was just wondering if anyone could push me in the right direction and help me understand what I'm supposed to be looking for when I go to visit them since I know universities tend to exaggerate how good they are when planned visits are happening.

the contents of the course and which interests you most. The feel you get about the place and whether that is really the place you feel you could live for 3 or 4 years. All the other matters about reputation, league tables wont help you if you hate the place or don't enjoy what you are studying and you are less likely to do well if you just go somewhere because of reputation
Have a read of this http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=16167-firm-and-insurance-choices

Ultimately, choose the universities where you think you will be happiest.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending